Flexible new Network-Attached Storage (NAS) solutions to drive collaboration, feature scalability to grow with SMEs
SINGAPORE – December 11, 2018 – Synology Inc. today launched the RackStation RS1619xs+, a flagship 1U 4-bay rackmount NAS designed to deal with IO-intensive tasks for growing businesses, and the DiskStation DS1819+, an 8-bay desktop NAS combining outstanding performance with great expandability.
“Equipped with feature-rich collaboration applications, the RS1619xs+ is ideal for small- and medium-sized businesses,” said Michael Wang, Product Manager at Synology Inc. “Flexible upgrade options, high-performance network adapters, M.2 SSD cache, as well as storage capacity expansion capabilities allow the RS1619xs+ to grow with SMEs and meet their needs at the different phases of their growth.”
“The DS1819+ is a compact NAS that features an expandable design. As an updated 8-bay desktop NAS in Synology’s well-recognised Plus family, the DS1819+ provides a performance increase of over 57% in sequential reading compared to its predecessor,” said Kevin Meng, product manager of Synology Inc. Its various built-in applications make it more than just a file server, but rather a holistic solution that meets the various business needs of SMEs.”
Key features of the RS1619xs+ include:
- Processor: Quad-core CPU and expandable DDR4 memory up to 64GB
- Storage: Expandable storage capacity up to 224TB with one Synology expansion unit RX1217/RX1217RP
- Optional 10GbE network adapter brings excellent sequential reading performance of over 1,523 MB/s
- Built-in dual M.2 2280 SSD cache slots boost system random IO performance with NVMe/SATA SSDs
- Key features of the DS1819+ include:
- Processor: Intel C3538 quad-core, 2.1 GHz
- Memory: 4GB DDR4 pre-installed, upgradable up to 32GB
- Storage: up to 216TB raw capacity with two expansion units
- Performance: delivering sequential throughput at over 2,045 MB/s reading and 656 MB/s writing
- Supports 10GbE add-on card: to break through the data transmission bandwidth.
- Supports M.2 SSD adapter card: to boost random IOPS with M.2 NVMe/SATA SSD cache.
- Built-in four Gigabit Ethernet ports: support failover and Link Aggregation.
Powered by Synology DiskStation Manager
The RS1619xs+ and DS1819+ run on DiskStation Manager, the advanced and intuitive operating system for Synology NAS devices, with various applications offered to enhance work productivity. Synology has received numerous media accolades, topping the mid-range NAS category in TechTarget’s storage solution survey and winning PC Mag Readers’ Choice eight years in a row.
For more information on RS1619xs+, please visit https://www.synology.com/products/RS1619xs+
For more information on DS1819+, please visit https://www.synology.com/products/DS1819+
The RS1619xs+ and DS1819+ are available immediately in Singapore. For information about where to buy, visit: https://www.synology.com/wheretobuy/
Synology at a Glance
Synology creates network attached storage, IP surveillance solutions, and network equipment that transform the way users manage data, conduct surveillance, and manage networks in the cloud era. By taking full advantage of the latest technologies, Synology aims to help users centralize data storage and backup, share files on-the-go, implement professional surveillance solutions, and manage network in reliable and affordable ways. Synology is committed to delivering products with forward-thinking features and the best in class customer services.