The ZOTAC CUP Fight for Charity League of Legends Tournament concluded today with a total of pledged USD$100,000 donated to charity. The event was held at Nangang Exhibition Hall 1 in Taipei in conjunction with COMPUTEX 2019. It is also the first ever eSports tournament held in COMPUTEX in the name of charity.
ZOTAC CUP Fight for Charity has started its qualifier rounds since April this year. 9 semi-finalists were then chosen to attend COMPUTEX 2019 to compete with 6 local influencers from Taiwan, namely MMD, Eggroll, 7Z, Weiwei, Toyz and Gear, on May 28-29. The final 5 winners from the semi-finals will then move up to the top and test their skills against 5 other international influencers.
Star-studded Players from all over the world
The final lineup consisted of Voyboy, Kaypea, CooLifeGame, Guan Zong and Hao Kai from Team MEK (International Influencers) and DEX, Kammr, Cipher, Lukalux and MMD from Team ZOTAC (Finalists from qualifying rounds).
The members fought hard in the two days of intense competition. Based on the results, here’s how the donations were distributed:
- CooLifeGame and DEX raised US$17,000 for Gaming-Aid – “I would like to say thanks to all the people at ZOTAC for this very good activity here in Taiwan. This is a good opportunity to contribute to all the people from who needs it . I like Taiwan, it’s a wonderful place with great people and food, and it will be in my heart forever. I hope to come back quickly (soon)”, said CooLifeGame in his final remarks when receiving the donation cheque.
- Voyboy and Kammr raised US$18,500 for eSports Foundation US
- Hao Kai and Cipher raised US$19,500 for Mercy Malaysia
- Guan Zong and Lukalux raised US$22,000 for Make a Wish
- KayPea and MMD raised US$23,000 for OakTree Foundation – “I was so lucky to not only come out all the way to Asia, but for such an amazing cause. To be able to meet so many other passionate gamers for the same kind of purpose is so overwhelming and amazing. But not only that, (being able) to raise the most amount of money (makes me) overwhelmed with happiness.”, mentioned KayPea when interviewed during the award ceremony.
“As an industry leader, we are excited to take the lead in encouraging the gaming community to create positive impacts. This year is very special because we have many talented individuals allocating their time, only with the aim to help make a difference. We also thank our partners NVIDIA, HUYA, Intel, Logitech Gaming, ViewSonic, COUGAR, and Battlefy for providing their support.”, said Tony Wong, CEO of ZOTAC Technology during the opening of the event.
It’s heartening to see the gaming community and ecosystem partners to come together for charity. We hope to see more of such events in the future.
If you have missed the action from ZOTAC Cup at COMPUTEX 2019, you can watch the recordings of the stream here at Twitch.