Singapore Tech Start-up Alpha7 Appoints Eight Senior Advisors
· Appoints eight to Alpha7 Consultancy
· Services catered to small and medium enterprises (SMEs), growth start-ups span marketing, sales, business operations, finance and human resources functions
SINGAPORE, 15 April 2015 – Alpha7, a technology advisory start-up, has appointed eight senior advisors to its consultancy arm. Alpha7 Consultancy provides business, operations, financial & technical expertise, from assessment to advisory. Joining Alpha7 Consultancy are senior professionals Todd Kimpton, Loy Wee Khim, Ambrose Law, Ong Tun Cheng, Randy Sng, Mark Ting, Lu Kee Hong and Joanna Yeoh. Engaged on either a project or retainer business, they bring expertise spanning marketing, sales, business operations, finance and human resource functions.
Lynette Seah, CEO and Founder of Alpha7 said, “The appointment of Todd, Wee Khim, Ambrose, Tun Cheng, Randy, Mark, Kee Hong and Joanna brings vast depth and capability to our consultancy team. We see tremendous opportunity for SMEs and growth start-ups in Singapore, which need to leverage innovation and boost productivity to increase their competitiveness.”
“With the high cost of business in Singapore, particularly in terms of real estate and labour, the need to be more productive is clear. Alpha7 is well positioned to help productivity through leveraging technology. Based on client priorities, constraints and budgets we are able to match the right senior advisor to their business and productivity needs, providing appropriate recommendations, serving as the outsourced right-hand man of the CEO,” concluded Lynette.
The Singapore Business Federation’s (SBF) SME Development Survey 2014 shows that 87% of SMEs are looking to increase productivity, a sharp increase from the 58% in 2013. Raising productivity is also a top cost reducing strategy for 67% of SMEs, up from 32% in 2013.
Alpha7 provides cloud advisory, assessment and technical implementation for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and growth start-ups in Singapore and Southeast Asia. Alpha7 serves businesses across several commercial sectors, including professional services, technology, energy, mobile commerce, medical services and non-profit. It was launched in 2014 by founder Lynette Seah, who was previously Vice President of Finance and Strategy (APAC) at Salesforce.com. Along with Lynette, its board advisory team is helmed by Alvin Kok, ex-head of Cloud Computing Services and Infocomm at SingTel, and Anurag Srivastava, co-founder of Singaporean venture capital firm Jungle Ventures.
In January 2015, Alpha7 spun out Chief Operating Officer as a Service (COOaaS) – a first of its kind business in Asia – as a separate business entity. The company is seeing a period of record growth as it adds new customers and expands the development of the COOaaS platform. Alpha7 has raised S$500k in seed financing. It is in the process of raising Series A funding to support its go-to-market efforts, to continue expansion of the team, including its advisory arm, and business development, marketing and PR.
According to SPRING Singapore, SMEs make up 99% of enterprises in Singapore and contribute to more than 50% of GDP. Their contribution to total enterprise value rose from 30% in the late 1990s to 58% in 2010, employing 67% of all domestic workers, according to Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) estimates. Singapore’s Economic Strategies Committee has targeted three to five percent annual growth from 2010 to 2020. However, MTI data shows that domestic labour productivity fell by 0.8 percent in 2014, the third consecutive year of productivity decline.
Alpha7 Consultancy senior advisors are:
· Todd Kimpton has over 20 years of commercial experience within the Food, Warehouse & Distribution, Software, Manufacturing and Services industries. He has helped over 50 clients across several industries transform their business by successfully moving their core operating systems into cloud based business suite provider, NetSuite. Todd is a member of ACCA & PMI.
· Loy Wee Khim has more than 30 years’ experience in the corporate finance and risk management functions of financial service providers. Her previous roles in HSBC and Bank of China as Team Head provide her insights into the operations of MNCs and SMEs in various industries, ranging from F&B, real estate, commodities to fund management.
· Ambrose Law was Executive Director and Global Chief Finance Officer for the Bank of Singapore until he retired in September 2011. Prior to joining Bank of Singapore, Ambrose served as the Chief Finance Officer, Global Wealth Management, Merrill Lynch, where he covered Merrill’s international private banking with well over US$100 billion in assets under management. He is a chartered accountant by profession, with over 30 years’ experience in the financial and banking industry.
· Ong Tun Cheng has worked in multinational corporations as well as in small and medium enterprises such as HP, NUS, Meta, Zayin Capital and Kydon Holdings, with extensive experience in a variety of areas that includes project management, technology management, business development, sales and product management, software and systems development, customer support and training.
· Randy Sng joined the IT industry in 1996 and has worked for Oracle, JD Edwards, Sun Microsystems and IBM. He was a research analyst with IDC Manufacturing Insights and led the Supply Chain Management section. His IT experience includes business, market and industry development, consulting, project management and business solutions advisory.
· Mark Ting has more than 20 years’ experience in global and regional supply chain and logistics management, including at DHL Express, both on the board and management of its China joint venture, as well as in the capacity of Vice President of Strategic Planning and Performance Management in Greater China.
· Lu Kee Hong is a Chartered Accountant of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountant (“ISCA”), with diverse work experiences in auditing, accounting, finance, credit management, operational controllership, sales and customer services operations, Six Sigma, project management, learning & development, and venture capital areas in Asia Pacific and Greater China roles with PriceWaterhouse Singapore, Texas Instruments Singapore Asia Pacific Division, Motorola Singapore (Asia Pacific and Greater China Division), SST (Shanghai) Limited, Softbank Emerging Market Sdn Bhd.
· Joanna Yeoh has over 20 years of consulting and corporate experience. She has led projects across Asia Pacific delivering human resources and productivity transformation across industries including FMCG, energy trading, oil and gas, pharmaceuticals and professional services.