NVIDIA has released a Game Ready Driver that coincides with the new RTX update to Mortal Shell that adds NVIDIA DLSS and ray tracing to the single-player, action-RPG from Cold Symmetry on April 15.
The update adds stunning ray traced shadows to the game, and adds support for NVIDIA DLSS, with a boost to performance of up to 130% at 4K:
Valorant Players Get Increased Responsiveness with a Reflex Upgrade
Another important aspect of NVIDIA Game Ready drivers is that they are often used as a delivery mechanism to add new features for our GeForce users. This Game Ready driver enhances NVIDIA Reflex support for Valorant, the popular free-to-play shooter from Riot Games. Now, Reflex’s Boost Mode further reduces system latency in certain CPU-bound scenarios where the render submission thread is the limiting factor. These types of CPU bound scenarios can occur when there are many objects to render on the screen at once.
More Game Ready Goodies and Upgrades
Other features of the new Game Ready driver that should not be overlooked include:
- Support for a native integration of NVIDIA Broadcast’s Background Noise Removal feature directly into Open Broadcaster Software (OBS), the most popular broadcasting tool for streamers.
- Support for more G-SYNC Compatible displays, including LG’s 27GP950, 2021 B1 4K Series, 2021 C1 4K Series, 2021 G1 4K Series and 2021 Z1 8K Series, along with the MSI MAG 301 RF.
- Optimal game settings for two games, It Takes Two and Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos
- The addition of GeForce Experience optimal settings for creative applications, with 34 applications from Adobe Lightroom to Blackmagic Davinci Resolve supported with this release.
About NVIDIA Game Ready Drivers
Available on or before launch day, NVIDIA Game Ready Drivers provide the best experience for GeForce gamers because NVIDIA engineers work up until the last possible minute to optimise performance and perfect gameplay. And as an additional verification of quality, every Game Ready Driver is WHQL-certified by Microsoft.
- Game Ready Driver for Mortal Shell article on GeForce.com: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/mortal-shell-ray-tracing-dlss-game-ready-driver
- Mortal Shell DLSS video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIb6YIIxob0
- NVIDIA Reflex, NVIDIA Broadcast and G-Sync Compatible displays info on GeForce.com: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/technologies/reflex/