Ubisoft announced that Operation Wind Bastion, the fourth and last season of Year 3 of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege, including two new Operators and the new Fortress map, is now available for PC, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One. Year 3 pass owners can now play Operation Wind Bastion’s two new Operators, Nomad and Kaid. All other players will be able to unlock these Operators starting December 11th using Renown or R6 Credits. The all-new Fortress map and new content improvements are now available for free to all players.
New Content of Year 3 Season 4 Available Today
In Operation Wind Bastion, players will meet two new Operators:
- Nomad, a Moroccan Attacker, packs quite a punch thanks to her Airjab launcher. Airjabs are sticky, proximity-triggered air blast grenades that allow Nomad to shove Operators back and throw them to the ground.
- Kaid is a Moroccan Defender that serves as a powerful counter to hard breachers. Kaid uses his Rtila electroclaw to electrify all metallic objects in proximity: reinforced walls, barbed wire, deployable shields.
In addition, players will discover the Moroccan mountains in the new Fortress map, which functions as both a military training facility and Kaid’s home. Inspired by the iconic architecture from the southern region of Morocco, Fortress features solid rotation between floors, an accessible roof, and many dangerous lines of sight and flanking routes.
Year 3 Season 4 Major Update Implementation
In addition to this new content, Operation Wind Bastion will include a major update on the following features:
- A redesigned in-game shop to improve the user experience. For example, the shop will feature a new full screen view for weapons, a new light theme, and the possibility for players to browse left and right within a category, among many other changes.
- Updated throw curves to make throwable gadgets easier and more comfortable to use. All throwables now use this new curve except for the Nitro Cell, which will be classified in a different category defined as “heavy throw.”
- An optional Area of Effect feature for Kaid and Nomad that is designed to help new players better understand the area of effect when deploying a gadget. This will only be visible for the Operator placing the gadget. This feature can be disabled in the game’s settings.
- Finally, in addition to gameplay and technical fixes, players can expect playlist changes to the Ranked Map pool and Casual Map pool.
New Pro League Team BDU and Headgear
With Operation Wind Bastion, players can now acquire a matching BDU and Headgear to deck out a specific Operator from head to toe in support of their favorite Pro League team.
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege has partnered with eleven Pro League teams to introduce revenue sharing as a model to fund the Six Invitational prize pool and to encourage the stability and growth of the Pro League scene: 30 percent of the revenue from Pro Team BDU and Headgear sales will go to the organizations that are a part of the program.
Qualifiers for the Six Invitational 2019 in APAC
The Six Invitational itself will take place from February 15th to 17th at Place Bell in Montréal, Canada. The competition will feature the highest level of Rainbow Six gameplay, as the top sixteen teams in the world from across four regions battle it out for the title of World Champion and the biggest prize pool in Siege’s history – a minimum of $1,000,000 USD and growing thanks to the pilot program.
Out of the 16 teams that will make it to the competition, nine teams have already qualified, including the APAC teams Nora-Rengo (Japan) and FNATIC (Australia) thanks to their Pro League Season 8 performances. Other teams from the region still have a chance to advance to the Six Invitational to occupy the single remaining APAC slot by participating in the APAC online qualifiers. Sign-ups for the online qualifiers in SEA region: https://ubi.li/mt5k9
For more information on the Operation Wind Bastion season updates, please visit: http://rainbow6.com/windbastion
For more information about Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, please visit: https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com.