Tmall Brings 11.11 Global Shopping Festival to
Singapore Shoppers in Upsized 2017 Edition
Singapore Shoppers in Upsized 2017 Edition
Singaporeans to enjoy compelling product and shipping discounts, local offers and access to a wide selection of branded merchandise
Singapore, 1 November 2017 – Tmall, China’s largest B2C platform for brands and retailers under Alibaba Group, today launched the annual 11.11 Global Shopping Festival for shoppers in Singapore with a colourful showcase of exciting brand offerings from its home & living, lifestyle and fashion categories, along with a slew of compelling offers for local shoppers ahead of 11 November.
This year marks another important step in the event’s evolution from Singles Day in 2009 to what it has become today: the world’s largest 24-hour online sale and a celebration of the future of retail. In keeping with Alibaba’s New Retail strategy, this year’s 11.11 will further demonstrate the value of combining the online and offline shopping experiences, infusing physical retail elements in social media, interactive content and entertainment.
Buy Globally, Sell Globally will also be a key focus of this year’s festival. As part of this initiative, Tmall will, for the first time, bring 100 Chinese brands overseas during 11.11, offering special promotions targeting more than 100 million overseas Chinese consumers in Southeast Asia and around the world.
11.11 Global Shopping Festival in Singapore
Singapore has been one of the active buyer markets for 11.11 in the past few years, with local shoppers snapping up bargains during the 2016 sale from top-selling product categories such as consumer electronics accessories, personal care, lounge wear, women’s fashion, bags & cases, audio-visual appliances, home appliances, and storage & organisation.
Local shoppers can access the mega-sale, which will begin on 11 November at 00:00 and come to a resounding end at 23:59, through Taobao Marketplace (world.taobao.com) or Mobile Taobao (手机淘宝), the flagship mobile shopping app of Alibaba Group.
Taobao Collection, a range of curated products from Alibaba’s Tmall and Taobao platforms offered through Lazada, was also launched this year, enabling shoppers in Singapore as well as Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Thailand to take part in 11.11 in their local languages with an end-to-end Lazada user experience throughout from shopping to payment to logistics.
Charlene Zhang, Business Development Manager of Tmall World said, “As 11.11 continues its tremendous growth and cements its standing as an annual event that shoppers mark out on their calendars, we’re excited to bring new benefits and offers to Singaporean shoppers. This year’s shopping experience will be enhanced for Singaporeans thanks to new localised services including sea freight shipping and installation services.”
Promotions for Singaporean shoppers
In addition to incredible discounts across a huge range of popular items, Singapore’s shoppers can also enjoy exclusive promotions on Tmall and Taobao Marketplace offered by local payment partners, including:
· Maybank cashback offer – Singaporean shoppers can redeem SGD25 cashback for purchases of SGD100 or more by using a Maybank Credit Card from 11 to 12 November.
· UOB cashback offer – Singaporean shoppers can also enjoy SGD10 cashback for purchases of SGD180 or more with a UOB credit or debit card on 11 November.
· AXS lucky draw – From 1 to 12 November, Singaporean shoppers buying Alipay Purchase cards – cash vouchers that can be used for Tmall or Taobao purchases – through AXS can enter a lucky draw and stand a chance to win RMB1,000 in Alipay Purchase Card value. Three winners will be selected every day throughout the promotion period.
· Mastercard offer – Singaporean shoppers who pay using Mastercard on 11 November may be rewarded with an iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X.
Local shoppers will also benefit from global promotions, including:
· Incredible discounts of up to 50% across all product categories on Tmall such as apparel, home & living, consumer electronics and mother & baby.
· Discount coupons that shoppers can collect at the 11.11 promotional site (1111.tmall.com) from 1 to 11 November, for use with purchase of selected items during the sale.
· In-store shopping coupons available through individual Tmall stores between now and 11 November for use during the sale.
· Free shipping for the first kilogram with shipping coupons that are available at the 11.11 promotional site from now until 11 November, coupled with discounts on the official sea freight delivery service and more.
To further illustrate its commitment to serving the Singapore market, Tmall recently rolled out a flash sale (全球闪购) program on Mobile Taobao, providing Singaporean shoppers with products curated to suit their tastes at attractive prices. A number of the products featured will come with free shipping, and merchants of certain furniture items and home fixtures offer the option of direct shipping and installation.
For more details about the 11.11 promotional offers, please visit 1111.tmall.com.
# # #
Launched in 2008, Tmall (www.tmall.com) caters to consumers looking for branded products and a premium shopping experience. A large number of international and Chinese brands and retailers have established storefronts on Tmall. According to iResearch, Tmall was China’s largest third-party platform for brands and retailers in terms of gross merchandise value in 2016. Tmall is a business of Alibaba Group.
About the 11.11 Global Shopping Festival
The 11.11 Global Shopping Festival began in 2009 with participation from just 27 merchants as an event for merchants and consumers to raise awareness of the value in online shopping. Last year, nearly 100,000 merchants participated in the global shopping event, with consumers spending RMB120.7 billion (around USD17.79 billion) during the 24-hour period. For additional history and facts from last year’s festival, as well as the latest news and updates on the 2017 11.11 Global Shopping Festival, please visit Alizila: http://www.alizila.com.