Plantronics announced the new firmware update for Voyager Legend and has been released on MyHeadset Updater on Plantronics.com this week. It’s a great value add to the product. For more information and downloads, visit the following link:
The existing Legend users can now upgrade their headset online on the PC to activate the new features as below:
- Improved wind noise cancellation: The wind noise performance is been vastly improved. Legend with new FW can tolerate up to 18mph wind gusts. Voyager Pro and first-Gen Legend tolerated only 10mph wind gusts.
- More headset languages available on Myheadset update: the language of the voice functions varies under different language setup, below is the details.
· (New) Mandarin: voice alert, voice command, caller Name announce (support both simplified and Traditional Chinese phonebook);
· (New) Japanese: voice alert, voice command, but doesn’t support native text to speech, use English for caller name announce;
· (New) Korean: voice alert, voice command, but doesn’t have native text to speech, use English for caller name announce;
· Cantonese: voice prompts/alerts only. The headset uses English for voice commands and caller name announce.;
Customers can now apply Legend FW updates also on a Mac! But, there are a couple important notes below:
- No special instructions are needed, any user on a Mac that goes to MyHeadset Updater will be directed automatically to the Mac client;
- The Mac client updates the FW and allows language selection only; it does not support additional settings that are available via PC;