(SINGAPORE, 1 June 2020) – Sony today announced the WF-SP800N sport headphones, its newest wireless noise canceling model. Designed for an active lifestyle, the WF-SP800N is perfect for any activity, whether it be running for the train or on the treadmill. This powerful sport headphone enhances music experiences with a secure fit, IP55 rating for water and dust resistance and long battery life.
“With the perfect combination of noise canceling and sweat resistance, these headphones help any athlete stay focused on their goals,” said Mr. Yukihiro Kitajima, General Manager,
Video & Sound Division, Consumer Business Group, Sony Electronics Asia Pacific.
“Whether you’re working out at home or hitting the running trails, WF-SP800N brings your motivation to the next level.”
Durability and Long Battery Life
- Do More with WF-SP800N’s IP55 Rating: An IP55 rating means that splashes, sweat and dust won’t stop these water-resistant headphones or the workout. Their soft-cushioned arc supporter and three-dimensional curved design ensure a secure, comfortable fit. And after a tough training session, users can even wash them off.
- Keep the Workout Going with Extended Battery Life: The compact charging case offers power on-the-go. Holding a full charge, the case provides 18 hours of music playback with noise canceling switched on and up to 26 hours switched off1. When in a hurry, 10 minutes quick charging gives up to 60 minutes of music playback. Thanks to a Bluetooth® chip borrowed from the award-winning WF-1000XM3 truly wireless headphones coupled with an optimised antenna design, the earphones ensure a stable connection with outstanding listening.
Superior Sound & Noise Cancelation
- Boost the Beat with Noise Canceling and EXTRA BASS™: The WF-SP800N features the latest noise canceling technology to block out distractions like the sounds of the street or the barbells at the gym. EXTRA BASS™ delivers powerful, punchy, low-end sound, helping users power through their work or workout. With the free-of-charge “Sony | Headphones Connect” companion app, it’s easy to customise the audio to create a relaxed listening experience at home or to boost the bass to charge up a workout.
- 360 Reality Audio Compatibility2: 360 Reality Audio can be enjoyed on the WF-
SP800N headphones when combined with an Android™ smartphone/iPhone that has a participating streaming services app installed3. 360 Reality Audio offers a custom immersive musical field that is perfectly optimised for each individual user when utilising the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app.
- Smart Listening for Any Environment: Adaptive Sound Control automatically adjusts ambient sound settings to suit the current environment for the ultimate listening experience4. Ambient Sound Mode also lets users control the sounds that they want to let in, which can be customised in the “Sony | Headphones Connect” companion app from level 0 to level 20.
- Control at Your Fingertips: Smart control technology enables users to play, stop or skip through music and adjust the volume5 by simply placing a finger on the right earbud and then turn down the music by placing a finger on the left earbud. The quick attention feature instantly turns the volume down and lets in ambient sound so users can chat without needing to remove the earbuds.
- Wearing Detection: Never miss a beat thanks to wearing detection, which automatically detects when the earbuds are taken out. Pause the music instantly by taking one of the earbuds out and the music will automatically resume when the earbud is put back in again.
- Voice Assistant: Manage the day with ease using Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa6. Enjoy entertainment, connect with friends, get information, listen to music and notifications, set reminders and more.
Availability & Pre-orders
The WF-SP800N will be available at selected Sony Stores, Sony Centres, Sony’s flagship store on Lazada and selected authorised dealers from June 2020 at a recommended retail price of S$ 299.00. From 1st June onwards, every pre-order of the WF-SP800N will be entitled to a free Gregory shoulder bag worth $ 69.00 while stocks last.
For additional details on 360 Reality Audio, please visit: www.music.com/360RA
About Sony Electronics (Singapore)
Sony Electronics (Singapore) is responsible for the marketing and sales of consumer products, as well as professional products and solutions in Singapore. It also handles export business for Sony products from Singapore to various parts of Asia. Since establishing our presence in Singapore in 1973, we have grown steadily over the years to become a leader in the consumer electronics and broadcast markets. For more information on Sony’s products and services in Singapore, please visit http://www.sony.com.sg/
About Sony Corporation
Sony Corporation is a creative entertainment company with a solid foundation of technology. From game and network services to music, pictures, electronics, semiconductors and financial services – Sony’s purpose is to fill the world with emotion through the power of creativity and technology. For more information, visit: http://www.sony.net/