Fitbit Announces Global Availability of Highly Anticipated Fitbit Ionic, the Ultimate Health and Fitness Smartwatch, and Fitbit Flyer, Wireless Headphones Built for Fitness
Fitbit software development kit available for developers to begin building for the Fitbit App Gallery
SINGAPORE – October 27 2017 – Fitbit (NYSE: FIT), the leading global wearables brand, announced today that its latest products, Fitbit Ionic™ and Fitbit Flyer™, are now available at major retailers in Singapore. Following ongoing, extensive testing, Ionic achieves industry-leading battery life of up to five days.[i] Fitbit has also released its software development kit (SDK), enabling the 1,000+ developers who have already signed up to support the platform the ability to begin creating apps and clock faces to share with friends and family, and submit for review and availability in the Fitbit App Gallery beginning later this year.
· Fitbit Ionic delivers advanced and innovative health and fitness features like industry-leading GPS, enhanced heart rate tracking, on-device guided workouts and automatic sleep tracking with Sleep Stages, all powered by up to five days’ battery life and cross-platform smartphone compatibility. With the smart features consumers need most, like contactless payments, on-board music, notifications, and a variety of popular apps and clock faces delivered via the Fitbit App Gallery, Ionic offers consumers a smartwatch with purpose.
· Fitbit’s first wireless headphones, Fitbit Flyer, feature a durable, sweatproof design and customizable fit with an advanced sound performance for whether it’s listening to music seamlessly from Ionic, Audio Coaching from the Fitbit Coach smartphone app[ii], or staying in touch on the go.
· Make payments using Fitbit Pay™: Leave your wallet and phone at home and effortlessly pay for items right from your device, wherever contactless payments are accepted. Fitbit Ionic users in Singapore would be able to add Mastercard and Visa credit and debit cards from UOB and OCBC Bank for cashless payments in the coming weeks.
“We defined the fitness tracker market 10 years ago and look forward to doing the same with the smartwatch category, delivering what consumers want most and have not yet seen in a smartwatch. Ionic offers up to five days’ battery life for 24/7 health tracking and insights, advanced health and fitness features, enhanced heart rate and dynamic sleep tools paired with the smart functionality consumers need on the go to stay in touch and simplify their life,” said James Park, co-founder and CEO of Fitbit. “These features, coupled with Ionic’s broad compatibility across Android, iOS and Windows platforms, mean consumers around the globe never need to choose between their watch and their phone.”
The Fitbit SDK, available tomorrow as a Developer Preview, includes the Fitbit OS Developer Beta Firmware for Ionic, the Fitbit Studio development environment, and resources developers need to quickly and easily build and share apps and clock faces with family, friends, or the large, global Fitbit community via the Fitbit App Gallery. In addition to partner apps from Strava and Weather, powered by AccuWeather, available on Ionic at launch[iii], popular apps are expected to be added to the App Gallery later this year, along with apps and clock faces created by the developer community.
Pricing and availability
Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Flyer are currently available for sale at retailers, including Astro Sports, Best Denki, Challenger, Courts, Harvey Norman, Lazada.sg, Sprint-Cass.
· Fitbit Ionic will be available for S$458.00. It is available in three colour combinations: silver gray tracker and clasp with blue gray band, smoke gray tracker and clasp with charcoal band, or burnt orange tracker and clasp with slate blue band. Classic and Sport accessory bands are available for S$49.90, and hand-crafted and perforated Horween leather bands are available for S$99.90[iv].
· Fitbit Flyer is available in two colours, lunar gray or nightfall blue for S$198.00.
Additionally, Fitbit Aria 2 Wi-Fi Smart Scale, reengineered for greater accuracy, easy setup and an improved interface, is available for presale on Fitbit.com for S$198.00 and will be available on Fitbit.com and at retailers worldwide later in 2017.
The new Fitbit Coach personal training app, featuring more than 90 video and audio workouts, is available on Android, iOS, and Windows devices with introductory pricing of USD$7.99 per month or USD$39.99 per year. The first Guided Health Programs will be available in 2018 in the “Coach” section of the Fitbit app.[v]
About Fitbit, Inc. (NYSE: FIT)
Fitbit helps people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals. As the leading global wearables brand, Fitbit designs products and experiences that track and provide motivation for everyday health and fitness. Fitbit’s diverse line of innovative and popular products includes Fitbit Surge®, Fitbit Blaze®, Fitbit Charge 2®, Alta HR™, Alta®, Fitbit Flex 2®,Fitbit One® and Fitbit Zip® activity trackers, as well as the Fitbit Ionic™ smartwatch, Fitbit Flyer™ wireless headphones and Fitbit Aria® andFitbit Aria 2™ Wi-Fi Smart Scales. Fitbit products are carried in 55,000 retail stores across 65 countries around the globe. Powered by one of the world’s largest social fitness networks and databases of health and fitness data, the Fitbit platform delivers personalized experiences, insights and guidance through leading software and interactive tools, including the Fitbit and Fitbit Coach apps, Guided Health Programs, and the Fitbit OS for smartwatches. Fitbit Health Solutions develops health and wellness solutions designed to help increase engagement, improve health outcomes, and drive a positive return for employers, health plans and health systems.
Fitbit and the Fitbit logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fitbit, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Additional Fitbit trademarks can be found at www.fitbit.com/legal/trademark-list. Third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, that involve risks and uncertainties including, among other things, statements regarding the future retail availability of Fitbit Ionic, Fitbit Flyer and Fitbit Aria 2 Wi-Fi Smart Scale, including any device accessories, as well as the future availability of the Fitbit app software development kit, Fitbit Studio, Fitbit App Gallery and available apps, Fitbit Coach, Guided Health Programs, and other product features described in this release. These forward-looking statements are only predictions and may differ materially from actual results due to a variety of factors, including the effects of the highly competitive market in which we operate, including competition from much larger technology companies; any inability to successfully develop and introduce new products, features, and services or enhance existing products and services; product liability issues, security breaches or other defects; and other factors discussed under the heading “Risk Factors” in our most recent report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements contained herein are based on information available to us as of the date hereof and we do not assume any obligation to update these statements as a result of new information or future events.