Telstra launches new software solutions as part of its international Applications Portfolio
22 March 2017 – Telstra today announced it is drawing on the investments made through its venture capital arm Telstra Ventures to add five new innovative solutions to its international Applications Portfolio of software as a service (SaaS) solutions for enterprise customers.
The suite of new applications is designed to better help companies as they go through digital transformation by offering solutions that reduce the cost and complexity of utilising digital applications.
“Organisations know they need to transform digitally to compete in today’s market, but there are challenges to overcome,” said Gianpaolo Carraro, Telstra’s Director of Global Applications. “Recent research commissioned by Telstrafound 76 per cent of organisations believed they would be more effective if their technology and network platforms were more flexible and agile, while 67 per cent said their ability to work more collaboratively and effectively is hindered by rigid technology and network platforms.”
“Companies are increasingly looking for a partner to provide the expertise and technology needed to accelerate digitisation. The software-driven value-added services in our Applications Portfolio give companies access to leading global innovation quickly and simply,” said Mr Carraro.
“Whether it is helping protect a company’s mobile devices from cybersecurity risks, helping to improve staff productivity, enabling data driven marketing decisions, or protecting data in the cloud, these SaaS solutions help solve critical business problems.
“All the solutions in our Applications Portfolio are underpinned by our market leading network, as well as our innovation in programmable networking, multi-cloud management and security services.
The new range of applications are designed to improve the way organisations manage interactions with their customers and employees:
- Near – A location intelligence platform that provides near real-time information on places, people and products to enable smart data-driven decisions.
- Nginx Plus – An all-in-one application delivery platform that combines load balancing, content caching, web serving, security controls and monitoring to help organisations deliver their sites and applications with performance, reliability, security and scale.
- Panviva – A secure, scalable cloud-based platform that provides real-time process guidance to facilitate staff productivity and reduce human process errors.
- vArmour – A distributed security system delivering application-aware micro-segmentation that can transform how organisations protect their virtualised and cloud assets.
· Zimperium – A mobile threat defence platform providing real-time enterprise class protection for mobile devices from device, network and application attacks.
These applications are in addition to DocuSign, Guest Services, Kony, TeleSign and Whispir, which are currently available in the Telstra Applications Portfolio.
“We are excited about today’s announcement with Telstra as it enables us to reach chief information security officers and organisations faster and secure their assets from the next generation of mobile cyberattacks and malware,” said Shridhar Mittal, CEO of Zimperium.
This suite of new applications will be available in select locations in Asia, Europe and North America. Near, Panviva and Zimperium will be available from 30 March, while, Nginx Plus and vArmour will be available in June.
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!