On 15 July, Nikon announced the launch of the new D810 at Altimate, a full-frame digital SLR camera designed to enable photographers the opportunity to produce high definition and quality videos and images.
‘The new Nikon D810 builds on the performance of the acclaimed D800 in producing breath-taking images,’said Garland Mak, Deputy General Manager of the International Marketing Division Imaging Group, Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd. ‘The raw power of the D810 maintains the integrity of every frame, blending incredible picture quality with the ability to capture clear full HD video, while giving professionals complete creative control over the image. Its high megapixel count and wide ISO range ensure rich and sharp images regardless of shooting conditions.’
- D810 supports 1080/60p Full HD recording and 36.3 Megapixels videos.
- Centre-weighted and highlight-weighted metering enable more stable and accurate metering under changing and fixed light conditions.
- Dual recording formats: Full-frame for movies filmed with shallow depth of field, and Cropped for closer reach to subject.
- Built in stereo microphone reduces wind noise.
Unrivalled image quality
- 36.3 megapixel image sensor for rich tonality.
- EXPEED 4 image processing engine delivers better picture quality and performance.
- An improved 51 point autofocus system provides the highest accuracy in the history of Nikon DSLRs.
- Electronic front curtain shutter reduces internal mechanical vibration.
- Optical viewfinder with 100 per cent frame coverage enhances light transmission ration and coloration, providing accurate colour for the perfect shot composition.
- Unlimited shots on the same frame can be done continuously to produce more beautiful light trails.
- Superior weather resistant design tested to provide the years of trouble free image capture in against dust and water.