BlackBerry held a series of Port-A-Thons to help developers port their apps over to BlackBerry 10 and this past weekend’s virtual events saw over 15,000 apps ported over! Riding on this success, BlackBerry will be holding the Last Chance Port-A-Thon for developers to get a final opportunity on porting their apps over to win cash prizes as well as lucky draw for limited edition BlackBerry 10 smartphones.
The Last Chance Port-A-Thon will start on January 19, 2013 and will run for 36 hours straight.
One more chance to get rewarded:
BlackBerry 10 Last Chance Port-A-Thon
The Last Chance Port-A-Thon will start on January 19, 2013 (1:00am GMT +8:00// 12:00pm ET – 18th January) and will run for 36 hours straight. During the last Port-A-Thon, there were more than 1,000 individuals from around the globe who came together virtually for 37.5 hours and submitted over 15,000 applications for BlackBerry 10.
Riding on this success, the Last Chance Port-A-Thon will also be a virtual event. Interested participants will be able to log in remotely and will have the support of technical experts virtually for the entire 36 hours. To register for the event, please visit, http://www.blackberrydeveloperevents.com/events/webcast/registration/register.html?scoid=1082039415
All new BlackBerry® 10 applications built using any type of development approach or the BlackBerry App Generator are eligible to be rewarded. The more applications each developer ports, the greater rewards* they could benefit from:
· If a developer ports one or more approved applications, the developer will receive US$100 per eligible application, to a maximum of 20 paid applications per vendor
· Additionally, submit five (5) or more applications and be entered into a random draw for one (1) of two hundred and fifty (250) Limited Edition BlackBerry 10 devices.
- The developer will receive one (1) entry for the first five (5) approved applications and an additional entry for each approved application after that.
Get prepared ahead of time
As this session is open to all developers, there are steps to be undertaken before the Last Chance Port-A-Thon gets started.
· Everyone is encouraged to register as a vendor at BlackBerry World as this will help with the process of the application approval.
· All developers are to request signature keys.
- Each developer is asked to ensure that they select the option for BlackBerry® PlayBook™ OS and BlackBerry® 10 and higher.
· Load up the laptop with all the necessary BlackBerry tools and plug-ins.
- Each developer is encouraged to have their full source code file readily available too.
- Make sure all necessary images and icons ready to go.
For those who are keen to be part of the excitement, there are steps that can be taken to convert a simple blog, Facebook page or even a YouTube Channel into a BlackBerry® 10 and/or BlackBerry OS application in less than ten minutes.
This can be achieved by using the BlackBerry® App Generator. Check out the following link to find out how simple it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=001ika3QM5M
For more information, please visit:
* A total of US$500,000 is available for distribution. To qualify for a Reward, you must register on the website at http://developer.blackberry.com/offers/lastchanceportathon and submit your applicationinto the BlackBerry World Vendor Portal between 12:00:01 pm on January 18, 2013 and 11:59:59pm ET on January 19, 2013.
*Any applications submitted outside this timeframe are not eligible for this Reward program. Only those applications that have been approved through BlackBerry World and RIM will be consideredtowards a Reward. No purchase necessary to be eligible for the draw.
*The odds of winning the draw depend on the number of eligible Vendors entered. Skill-testing question applies to Canadian residents. Limit one (1) Limited Edition BlackBerry 10 Device per person. Cash rewards limited to 20 per Vendor regardless of reward category. See the Official Terms and Conditions for complete details.