NVIDIA kicked off 2021 with the GeForce RTX: GAME ON event, revealing new hardware and a huge list of games adding NVIDIA DLSS, Ray Tracing and NVIDIA Reflex. NVIDIA Reflex is also expanding the list of supported displays and mice.
GeForce RTX 30 Series Coming to Laptops Later This Month
NVIDIA announced the launch of 70+ models powered by GeForce RTX 30 Series Laptop GPUs, including RTX 3080, 3070 and 3060 all with the NVIDIA Ampere architecture. These next-gen laptops, which start at US$999, increase energy efficiency by up to 2x, accelerate performance dramatically and introduce third-generation Max-Q technologies for thin and lightweight designs. The new RTX 30 Series Laptop GPUs deliver stunning ray-traced gaming experiences in Cyberpunk 2077 and other top titles, and enable content creators to produce incredible work using hundreds of GPU-accelerated apps. More info here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/rtx-30-series-laptops.
NVIDIA Studio Laptops, Purpose-Built for Next Generation Creators
New NVIDIA Studio laptops, featuring the freshly unveiled GeForce RTX 30 Series Laptop GPUs, were also just announced. Rolling out later this month, these laptops empower the next generation of creativity by delivering up to 2x the performance in creative applications. They’ll come equipped with up to 16GB of video memory to work with huge assets and across multiple apps at the same time, pixel-accurate displays with 1440p and 4K options; and GPU acceleration for ray tracing, AI and video encoding that allow artists to create in record time. More info here: https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2021/01/12/geforce-rtx-30-series-studio-laptops/.
GeForce RTX 3060 Coming in February
For desktop PC gaming, NVIDIA announced the latest addition to the GeForce RTX family–the GeForce RTX 3060. Priced starting at US$329, the RTX 3060 has twice the raster performance and 10x the ray-tracing performance of the GTX 1060, making it a formidable upgrade opportunity for the 90% of GeForce gamers still gaming on a GTX GPU. It will be available in late February. More info here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-rtx-3060.
Top Games Add NVIDIA DLSS, Ray Tracing and NVIDIA Reflex
Game developers and publishers are turning to NVIDIA’s next-generation technologies with DLSS, Ray Tracing, and Reflex setting a new standard in gaming. 36 games are now powered by RTX, including the #1 Battle Royale game, the #1 RPG, the #1 MMO and the #1 best-selling game of all time.
And today, the list grows again.
DLSS has proven to be an essential feature for next-generation games, delivering maximum frame rates to drive higher resolution and refresh rate experiences. Games that are adding DLSS include:
- Call of Duty: Warzone from Activision
- Outriders from Square Enix and People Can Fly
- Iron Conflict from Angela Game and Imperium Interactive Entertainment
- Edge of Eternity from Midgar Studio
Games that will be adding both Ray Tracing and DLSS include:
- Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach from Steel Wool Studios
- The Medium from Bloober Team
- F.I.S.T.: Forged in Shadow Torch from TiGames and Bilibili
- Overwatch from Blizzard Entertainment
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege from Ubisoft
With the addition of these two new games, 7 of the top 10 competitive shooters now support Reflex.
Reflex Latency Analyzer Continues Rapid Adoption
NVIDIA Reflex Latency Analyzer allows competitive and esports gamers to accurately measure their system latency. Since its launch in September: 9 esports monitors have integrated the Reflex Latency Analyzer, and 8 peripheral partners are making their products Reflex Latency Analyzer compatible.
The NVIDIA Reflex Latency Analyzer ecosystem continues to grow with the addition of 5 new G-SYNC gaming monitors and 7 new mice at the GAME ON event.
A New Fortnite Map, A New Challenge for Minecrafters
NVIDIA has also released a new map for Fortnite called RTX Morbid Madhaus and revealed a new ‘Minecraft with RTX for Windows 10 Build Challenge’ contest.
Microsoft Flight Simulator powered by GeForce RTX 30 Series Laptop
NVIDIA also showcased the power of the new GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU in a new Microsoft Flight Simulator three display demo.
- GAME ON: GeForce news round-up article on GeForce.com: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/nvidia-geforce-rtx-game-on-announcement-roundup
- GAME ON gaming news summary article on GeForce.com: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/january-2021-rtx-dlss-game-update
- NVIDIA Reflex Announcements on GeForce.com: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/nvidia-reflex-overwatch-rainbow-six-siege
- G-SYNC Announcements on GeForce.com: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/g-sync-2021-innovations
- Microsoft Flight Simulator: RTX 30 Series Laptop 3 display demo video: https://youtu.be/VecOrRiRR3A
- Outriders: Exclusive RTX PC gameplay reveal trailer: https://youtu.be/4BMYRD6eA9E
- Five Nights At Freddy’s: Security Breach exclusive GeForce RTX reveal trailer: https://youtu.be/y1Ycz6Yo5AY
- F.I.S.T. Exclusive GeForce RTX PC gameplay reveal trailer: https://youtu.be/-eRV-Hm2tRU
- The Medium Exclusive GeForce RTX PC gameplay reveal: https://youtu.be/CPGZ_gOr5K4
- GeForce RTX 3060 announcement article on GeForce.com: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-rtx-3060
- GeForce RTX 30 Series Laptop announcement on GeForce.com: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/rtx-30-series-laptops
- GeForce RTX 30 Series Studio Laptop announcement blog: https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2021/01/12/geforce-rtx-30-series-studio-laptops/
- Resizable bar announcement on GeForce.com: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-rtx-30-series-resizable-bar-support
- Minecraft Build Challenge on GeForce.com: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/minecraft-rtx-build-challenge
- More info on NVIDIA DLSS: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/technologies/dlss/
- More info on NVIDIA Reflex: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/technologies/reflex/