Taipei, Taiwan – August 21, 2020 – Synology Inc. today announced the availability of the 5-bay DS1520+ storage system, built to excel in home and small office environments. Ideal for data backup and organizing multimedia libraries, DS1520+ is a versatile and scalable option to create your own private cloud.
DS1520+ at a glance
- 126% faster in website responsiveness1
- 19.8% faster in compute-tasks1
- Five internal drive bays with support up to 152
- Up to 240 TB raw capacity2
- Dual M.2 2280 NVMe SSD cache slots
DS1520+ is available today from Synology resellers and partners worldwide, joining the rest of our 20-series lineup.
- Performance figures are based on the average percentage improvement of DS1520+ relative to DS1019+, as tested at Synology labs. Responsiveness improvement measured by Web PHP response efficiency and compute performance improvement measured using file indexing in Synology Drive and photo indexing in Synology Moments. Performance gains may vary depending on the environment, type of usage, and configuration.
- The capacity of DS1520+ can be expanded using two Synology DX517 Expansion Units, purchased separately. Maximum raw capacity calculated using 15 x 16TB drives, actual usable capacity will depend on storage configuration.
Synology at a glance
Staying at the forefront of data management, Synology innovates and adapts to ever-evolving technologies, and continues bringing new possibilities to the table, including but not limited to solutions for data storage and backup, file collaboration, video management, and network infrastructure – all designed with one goal in mind – presenting a centralized platform to simplify IT administration while driving digital transformation for businesses worldwide.