Linksys Cloud Manager Unlocks Profitability for VARs and MSPs while Empowering them to Address SME IT Pain Points
Singapore – 15 November, 2018 – Linksys®, celebrating thirty years of networking and WiFi innovation for the home and business, today announced Linksys Cloud Manager, a cloud-hosted WiFi Management Platform purpose-built for small business environments that reduces costs and increases operational efficiencies. The solution offers centralised visibility, management and control of a wireless network without the cost and complexity of traditional hardware controllers, overlay software, or annual hosting costs.
Linksys Cloud Manager enables IT administrators and other authorised users to remotely monitor, manage and troubleshoot single or distributed wireless networks in real time via a single dashboard. This plug-nplay platform helps provide secure remote access to Linksys Business Wireless-AC Access Points, which are built with enterprise-grade, high-performance hardware, and is competitively priced with no licensing or maintenance fees for five years*. The included cloud license fits any budget and provides a complete solution for IT solutions providers and their SME customers.
“SMEs count for 99% of all businesses operating in Singapore. That said, there is definitely a great need in the market for affordable, business-grade, cloud-based WiFi management platforms designed specifically for SME operating environments.” said Jenny Ng, Vice President, Linksys Asia Pacific. “Linksys Cloud Manager was designed by truly listening to the business goals and challenges of enterprise owners and channel partners and meets an underserved gap for true, business-grade cloud SME networking at a price point that no other vendor can match.”
Simplifying SME Network Management
The Linksys cloud architecture provides a feature set designed to streamline administration and improve productivity, giving users more control over network uptime and the ability to ensure Quality of Service (QoS) in real time.
- Comprehensive Centralised Management via a Global Map – Manage multiple, unlimited client WiFi networks around the corner or around the world from one centralised dashboard with a single login. Visibility of all accounts, sites, access points, and devices.
- Remote Monitoring and Network Insights – Provides alerts and real-time statistics so network administrators can anticipate potential network issues without the need for on-site monitoring and troubleshooting. View through a web browser, historical and real-time traffic on the network, ata-glance analytics about top clients and devices, including uptime, signal strength, connection duration, etc. Built-in troubleshooting tools to identify problems using features such as a Ping Test, Blink LED, RF Environment Scan, and Rogue Access Point Detection.
- Tremendous Scalability – Scales seamlessly from single sites to unlimited networks worldwide; suitability for distributed networks (e.g., retail/branch offices).
- Rapid Deployment with Zero-touch Provisioning – Configure Access Points (APs) even before unboxing them enabling a quick and simple installation process. After deployment, Linksys APs automatically connect to the cloud over SSL and can be configured remotely.
- Over-the-air Upgrades – Firmware is automatically updated.
- Email and Text Push Notifications – Message alerts and warnings on network and device connectivity and network health re: power loss, downtime, or configuration changes.
- Extremely Easy to Use Management Portal – An intuitive, browser-based dashboard and responsive user interface enables IT administrators to provision networks on the go from a laptop, tablet, or mobile phone, with no additional app to download.
- Flexibility – With no vendor lock in, customers can use a local interface to manage Linksys APs if cloud is no longer required.
- Multi-role Platform – Multi-management level accounts give users the ability to set roles (owner, admin, viewer) and provide key users access to specific networks.
- Exceptional Warranty Terms and Technical Support – Linksys goes beyond forum and email only support and offers technical support 9AM-9PM daily via phone.
Unlocking Profitability for IT Solutions Providers
Limited resources, constrained spending budgets, and the proliferation of devices and IoT are further complicating wireless networks, and as a result, driving SMEs to move toward network managed services where an IT partner is responsible for the network on an ongoing basis. The migration to cloud-based applications and everything-as-a-service presents a big growth opportunity in the SME space for IT channel providers.
Linksys Cloud Manager is an ideal solution for resellers and IT solutions providers looking to develop a managed service model and generate recurring revenue. For those who already are, it’s a compelling alternative to pricier cloud solutions and will help round out their product portfolio to address customers with smaller IT budgets.
Linksys Cloud Manager is pre-installed on select Linksys Business Wireless-AC Access Points, including LAPAC1200C and LAPAC1750C. Linksys Cloud Manager is planned to be available on LAPAC2600C in November 2018.
- LAPAC1200C: MSRP $205 Linksys Cloud Manager included at no extra cost.
- LAPAC1750C: MSRP $289 Linksys Cloud Manager included at no extra cost.
- LAPAC2600C: MSRP $479 Linksys Cloud manager included at no extra cost.
- Linksys Cloud Manager page: linksys.com/sg/cloud–manager/
- Linksys Cloud Manager Product Video
- Managed Services Platforms Animated Video
- Stay updated by following the Linksys Business Showcase page on LinkedIn
The Linksys brand has pioneered wireless connectivity since its inception in 1988 with its leading innovation and engineering strategies, and best-in-class technology, design and customer service. Linksys enables a connected lifestyle for people at home, at work and on the move, and with its award-winning products, simplifies home control, entertainment, security and Internet access through innovative features and a growing application and partner ecosystem. For more information, visit www.linksys.com/sg/, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn or watch us on YouTube. ###
* License included for 5 years at no additional cost, after which an option to purchase a license to extend cloud services will be available.
© 2018 Belkin International, Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Linksys and many product names and logos are trademarks of the Belkin group of companies. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.