SINGAPORE — July 23, 2018 — Pure Storage (NYSE: PSTG), the all-flash storage platform that helps innovators build a better world with data, will be announcing tomorrow at Pure Live Singapore its vision for the future of infrastructure design — a data-centric architecture. Pure Live is Pure’s annual customer event for the region where it shares updates on its strategy, product vision, and latest technology innovations. Pure Live Singapore features keynote speeches by Charlie Giancarlo, Chief Executive Officer, Pure Storage, as well as guest speakers from NVIDIA, Arista, National Supercomputing Center Singapore, and Element AI.
This is the third year Pure is running Pure Live in Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ), and is a strong signal of Pure’s continued momentum in the region. Pure doubled the number of net new customers over the past 12 months and continues to lead in its industry segments according to Gartner and IDC.
With the rise of machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies, data has shifted from an informational asset to the core of innovation. It’s no longer enough to just be data-driven – organizations must be data-centric. Modern organizations operate in a world of rapidly evolving applications, where future success is predicated on deriving intelligence from data to achieve competitive advantage and growth. This requires a modern foundation purpose-built to optimally store, share, and ultimately analyze data in a multi-cloud world.
According to a survey conducted by MIT Technology Review and commissioned by Pure Storage, an overwhelming 87% of business and technology leaders in APJ and 94% of leaders in Singapore say data is critical to delivering results for customers. A data-centric architecture keeps data and applications in place while technology is built around it, and fundamentally transforms data center design with the data as its core element.
“Data is now the new currency, and modern businesses need to place data at the core of their IT strategy in order to fully leverage advanced technology such as artificial intelligence and machine learning,” said David Wirt, Vice President, ASEAN and Greater China, Pure Storage. “Pure Storage provides a data-centric architecture that helps organizations spend less time moving data and more time innovating, and ultimately deliver data-driven results in real-time.”
Enhancements to Pure Platform Bring NVMe, AI to Mainstream
To help organizations unlock value from their data and leverage new technologies to build competitive advantage, Pure Storage unveiled a host of new data-centric solutions for enterprises at every stage of their lifecycle:
- The new FlashArray//X product line is the first family of all-flash arrays purpose-built for Shared Accelerated Storage. The all-NVMe FlashArray//X family makes everything faster – databases, virtualized environments, test/dev initiatives and web-scale applications – at no additional cost. The line features five configurations to bring NVMe to all – from the NVMe-ready //X10 and //X20 to the all-NVMe //X50, //X70, and //X90, Pure’s densest, fastest array to-date.
- Pure Service Orchestrator delivers container storage-as-a-service to empower IT and developers as they deploy container-based, microservices applications. Pure Service Orchestrator equips customers with effortless, self-managed storage that drives data centric architecture with public cloud-like agility on-premises, backed by all-flash speed and enterprise reliability. Customers can now support container environments, including Kubernetes and Docker.
- AIRITM Mini, powered by NVIDIA, the leader in accelerated computing for AI, expands Pure’s AI-Ready Infrastructure Built on FlashBladeTM, AIRI is designed to enable data architects, scientists and business leaders to extend the power of the NVIDIA DGX-1 AI supercomputer and operationalize learning early in their AI lifecycle. AIRI Mini enables new data science teams and new projects to get up and running quickly with world-class infrastructure purpose-built for the challenges of AI. With AIRI Mini, organizations can implement a simple, powerful solution to build competitive advantage through AI at a price point that’s accessible for virtually any enterprise.
MIT Tech Review Survey: AI Unlocks Intelligence Within Data
Pure Storage also announced full results of the MIT Technology Review survey. The data, gathered from more than 2,300 business leaders across the globe, explores the vast potential – and challenges – businesses must address to unlock data intelligence with AI.
AI represents an unprecedented opportunity for organizations to improve operations, deliver better customer experiences, and drive business performance through data-driven initiatives. Yet concerns still exist about adoption of AI including cost, data infrastructure, talent resources and ethics.
According to the survey from MIT Tech Review:
- 80% of business and IT leaders in APJ and 76% in Singapore believe AI will have a positive impact on their industry
- 85% of leaders in APJ and 92% in Singapore believe AI is important for analytics, greater efficiency and reducing human error
- In Singapore, the top three benefits of AI are increased efficiency, increased automation, and enhanced decision-making
- 81% in APJ and 78% in Singapore believe human intelligence is required to interpret data and make decisions
Most agree there are not enough resources and budget devoted to mining data intelligence:
- 90% of businesses in Singapore say they face challenges in digesting, analyzing and interpreting large volumes of data, compared to 77% in APJ
- 58% of Singapore businesses cite the lack of resources and talents as a barrier to better management of data and AI adoption
- Apart from resources, Singapore leaders felt that the other top barriers to AI adoption were data infrastructure (62%) and cost (58%)
To view the full report, please click here