Introducing Radeon™ RX 460 Graphics:
Disruptive Technology for all eSports Gamers around the World
— Newest chapter in the Polaris story enables smooth frames, 4K game streaming, and exciting future-proof technologies —
SINGAPORE — August 10 2016 — AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) has unleashed the new Radeon™ RX 460 graphics card, engineered from the ground up for eSports gamers who demand pristine HD gaming, extraordinarily smooth beyond-HD streaming capabilities, and a distinguished assortment of future-proof[i] gaming technologies. With an ultra-quiet cooling solution and sub-75W power footprint, the Radeon RX 460 brings this wide array of enthusiast class features with a stunning SEP starting at US$ 109.
“The Radeon RX 460 delivers the perfect balance of price, power, performance and package size, the four key pillars of modern GPUs,” said Raja Koduri, senior vice president and chief architect, Radeon Technologies Group, AMD. “The Radeon RX Series is built on architecture designed for extraordinary power efficiency and is especially well suited to desktop gaming PCs targeted at mainstream price points. Radeon RX 460 users will enjoy an optimized software and hardware graphics card solution ideal for both eSports and iCafé systems.”
The supercharged Radeon RX 460 graphics card delivers surprising performance in the most popular global eSports titles, and was engineered from the ground up to take advantage of next generation DirectX® 12 and Vulkan™ APIs that power the most popular AAA game titles. The Radeon™ RX 460 graphics card has up to 14 compute units, 2/4 GB GDDR5 memory and 2.2 teraflops processing power, yet typical board power is less than 75 watts, making it ideal for iCafé deployments that typically place a high value on a low power footprint. This produces astonishingly quiet gaming and incredible frame-rates.
Radeon™ RX 460 Features
· Astounding 1080p Gaming – Optimized for the most popular resolution gamers use today, the Radeon RX 460 graphics card delivers superior framerates at 1080p in eSports titles such as League of Legends, Overwatch and DOTA 2, even allowing for better image quality and reduction of “jaggies” with the Virtual Super Resolution feature[ii], and smooth gameplay using AMD Freesync™ technology, and latency optimizations available from Radeon Settings. The Radeon RX 460 excels in DirectX® 12 and Vulkan™, APIs that are powering the future of gaming.
· Cool & Quiet Gaming – Gamers can reduce fan noise with silent gaming features made possible by the revolutionary Polaris architecture, optimized for the 14nm FinFET process. The Polaris architecture-based Radeon RX 460 intelligently adapts to card temperature and completely turns off fans during idle and light gaming workloads[iii]. With no power connector and low temperatures, the Radeon RX 460 graphics card is the optimal plug and play option for gamers looking to upgrade.
· Stunning HDR Pixels – Featuring a brand new display engine, the Radeon™ RX 460 graphics card is ready to help power the new generation of HDR content and displays for video and gaming.[iv]
· Game Changing Control – As sophisticated as the Polaris architecture-based graphics cards are at a hardware level, the software that powers the cards is equally so. Radeon Software drivers enable the ultimate in performance, features and stability, designed to ensure an exceptionally smooth and fast out-of-box experience.
Radeon™ RX 460 Availability
Radeon™ RX 460 graphics cards are available from retailers and e-tailers around the world starting today. For more information on where to buy, visit http://shop.amd.com/en-us.
· Radeon product page
· Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
- Follow Radeon™ graphics on Twitter
[i] Statement of “future-proof” refers to support of current and upcoming technology standards including 14nm FinFET process technology, DirectX®12 and Vulkan™ API support, new display technology, and experiences such as VR. “Future-proof” statement is not meant to serve as a warranty or indicate that users will never have to upgrade their graphics technology again. Support of current and upcoming technology standards described above has the potential to reduce frequency of graphics upgrades for some users.
[ii] AMD Virtual Super Resolution (VSR) feature is designed to render games at higher resolutions and dynamically rescale them for HD displays at higher quality and visual details. Check with your system manufacturer for specific capabilities. GD-85
[iii] AIB implementations may vary; capability dependent on various factors, systems and settings.
[iv] HDR content requires that the system be configured with a fully HDR-ready content chain, including: graphics card, monitor/TV, graphics driver and application. Video content must be graded in HDR and viewed with an HDR-ready player. Windowed mode content requires operating system support.
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!