Enterprise customers gain high performance, low latency, and highly secure global direct access to Oracle’s full suite of cloud services
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. — October 28, 2015 — Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection
and data center company, and Oracle today announced an agreement to provide dedicated, direct access to Oracle Public Platform and Infrastructure Services, via the Equinix Cloud Exchange in six markets worldwide. By offering direct connection via Equinix Cloud ExchangeTM, Oracle empowers its customers to realize the full benefit of its cloud services in a secure and high-performing environment. Oracle Cloud will be available on the Equinix Cloud Exchange in Amsterdam, Chicago, London, Singapore, Sydney and Washington, D.C.
As one of the largest cloud platforms in the world and a market leader in enterprise software, Oracle brings strategic value to Equinix Cloud Exchange and its enterprise customers, particularly as the company continues to mirror its enterprise product suite in the cloud. Enterprises will now be able to safely, securely and seamlessly connect their existing Oracle applications, databases, compute and storage to Oracle’s new IaaS and PaaS public clouds. Global trends around big data and analytics with business investment in database and cloud-based applications will continue to drive more interest in Oracle’s cloud services, and access to the best-of-breed SaaS applications in Oracle Cloud – including mobile and analytics – will help enterprises deliver the experiences their end users expect, with the performance the market demands.
Enterprise CIOs are looking to the cloud to improve performance of key business applications and gain cost efficiencies. However, many studies show they view security and performance as key challenges associated with moving business applications into the cloud. Equinix Cloud Exchange addresses these concerns via direct connection to multiple clouds and cloud services, including Oracle, allowing customers to easily create connections to cloud-based business applications while reducing the application latency often associated with traditional cloud access. By connecting to the Equinix Cloud Exchange, Oracle expands its platform reach and offers the private connectivity options that enterprise customers require for dynamic, flexible, hybrid multi-cloud architectures.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Access to Oracle’s Cloud will be available through the Equinix Cloud Exchange in six markets spanning the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, including Amsterdam, Chicago, London, Singapore, Sydney and Washington, D.C.
- The Oracle Cloud enables customers and partners to easily build new applications, extend Oracle software as a service (SaaS) applications, and migrate existing on-premises applications to the cloud. The Oracle Cloud Platform offers customers and partners the same platform as a service (PaaS) foundation upon which Oracle runs its own SaaS applications and upon which 19 of the world’s top 20 SaaS providers rely. Earlier this month, Oracle announced that Oracle Cloud Services offers more than two dozen additional PaaS and IaaS services.
- Oracle products, including Oracle Cloud, are widely used in the enterprise. In fact, Oracle’s 400,000 customers include all 100 of the Fortune 100 companies, and Oracle has sold 1,000 ERP systems running in the cloud. By offering direct access on Equinix Cloud Exchange, Oracle enables its enterprise customers to build sophisticated cloud solutions, enabling them to establish private, high-performance connections with between on-premise architecture and Oracle public cloud.
- Cloud is the fastest growing part of Oracle’s business, and Oracle Cloud continues to show strong adoption, supporting 62 million users and 23 billion transactions each day. Oracle Cloud runs on 30,000 devices and 400 petabytes of storage in 19 data centers around the world.
- The Equinix Cloud Exchange is currently available in 21 markets globally – Amsterdam, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Osaka, Paris, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Washington D.C., and Zurich.
- Steve Smith, president & CEO, Equinix:“As one of the largest and most business-essential cloud providers, the addition of Oracle Cloud to Equinix Cloud Exchange strengthens our ability to help our customers successfully execute on their business strategies. Equinix Cloud Exchange was designed to empower enterprise customers with unrivaled choice and flexibility for building the best solutions with the leading cloud providers, like Oracle. Cloud Exchange enables organizations to pick the cloud and network services best suited for their applications, workloads, and business requirements.”
- Thomas Kurian, president, product development, Oracle:“We are proud to expand the relationship with Equinix with the Equinix Cloud Exchange offering. This will now provide added flexibility to our enterprise customers to pick the network services that are best suited for their diverse workloads.”
For the LATEST tech updates,
FOLLOW us on our Twitter
LIKE us on our FaceBook
SUBSCRIBE to us on our YouTube Channel!