Today, Alienware reached new milestones with the launch of the most powerful 17” AMD Advantage™ laptop and introduction of the standard-defying 480Hz panel technology for the first time[i] – holding true to the Alienware ethos of creating the apex gaming experience. These advancements are dedicated to making images sharper, the gameplay smoother, and creating a more immersive experience through a perfect storm of industry leading gaming technology and iconic design.
Alienware m17 R5: The powerful AMD Advantage Laptop
The Alienware m17 R5 is the laptop for those who value raw power. It claims the throne as the world’s most powerful 17” AMD Advantage laptop, delivering truly remarkable performance.
The m17 R5 is forged from a partnership with AMD that features AMD Ryzen™ 6000 series processors, AMD Radeon™ RX 6000 series graphics, and new AMD Smart Technologies. Today’s update welcomes the new AMD Radeon™ RX 6850M XT 12GB GDDR6 GPU to the configuration line-up.
Here’s a refresher on all the AMD Smart Technologies that are proudly offered with Alienware m17 R5 on select configurations:
- AMD SmartShift Max: Dynamic power shifting between a Radeon GPU and APU boosts performance for gaming, rendering and content creation.
- AMD SmartAccess Graphics: Improve frame rates, reduce latency and save battery by enabling discrete Radeon graphics or Ryzen graphics to handle rendering and presentation while maintaining AMD FreeSync™. Only available with select models.[ii]
- AMD Smart Access Memory: Get an extra edge when Ryzen processors are able to harness the full potential of the Radeon graphics card memory.
- AMD FreeSync™ Premium: Put an end to choppy gameplay with fluid, artifact-free performance at virtually any framerate. This adaptive sync technology matches the refresh rate of the user’s graphics and their display for buttery smooth gameplay.
The Alienware m17 R5 delivers extreme speeds and response times so users can play their favourite titles with smooth gameplay, as if the game is an extension of their senses. The m17 R5 is also stacked with Alienware Cryo-tech cooling technology with a built-in graphics vapour chamber[iii] to sustain high-performance when playing graphically intensive games.
480Hz displays make soft landing in Alienware m17 R5 and x17 R2
Now available with Alienware m17 R5 and Alienware x17 R2 gaming laptops, gamers will make first contact with a brand-new display technology. The FHD (1920 x 1080) 480Hz 3ms panels bring a multitude of gameplay benefits including: animation smoothness for easier target tracking, ghosting reduction which minimises distracting effects, and lower system latency making it easier for users to spot other players earlier.
While any gamer can benefit from the smooth frame rates this 480Hz panel provides, competitive gamers that play fast paced games will notice the advantages of the high-refresh rates immediately. These panels are enabled for both AMD FreeSync™ and NVIDIA G-SYNC with Advanced Optimus. Within this current graphics generation, any gamer who plays popular esports game titles can unlock the full advantages of 480Hz displays.
The first 480Hz is purpose built with premium experiences such as:
- Advanced Optimus: Automatically controls the built-in hardware MUX to disable the iGPU and use the system’s more powerful dGPU, which gives additional control over game performance and battery life.
- ComfortView Plus: A built-in, always-on, hardware-based low blue light solution that does not compromise true-to-life colour accuracy.
- Dolby Vision: Brings optimal colour profiles and contrast that goes well beyond the capabilities of traditional high dynamic range (HDR).
Alternatively, UHD (3840 x 2160) 120Hz 3ms display is also offered on m17 R5 for those more interested in a higher-resolution panel over faster refresh rates. This option is available from 10th August onwards in Singapore.
Pricing and availability
|Product||Availability in Singapore||Starting Price (SGD)|
|Alienware m17 R5||Available now||$3,049|
|Alienware x17 R2||Available now||$3,039.21|