Singapore—December 17, 2021—Synology announced today the launch of FlashStation FS2500, the newest addition to the company’s lineup of all-flash servers, as well as an update to its portfolio of SSDs with SAT5210, SNV3410, and SNV3510 drives.
Synology FlashStation FS2500: all-round storage platform for SMBs
The FS2500 is designed to tackle business IT applications requiring fast and low-latency storage, including virtual machines and post-production work. The compact, 1U chassis fits 12 2.5″ SATA bays, providing ample capacity and simple installation.
“The new FS2500 addresses a growing demand for distributed computing,” said Julien Chen, Product Manager at Synology. “Its small footprint makes it a versatile solution that can be deployed at the edge or in mobile applications.”
The unit delivers over 170,000/82,000 4K random read/write performance,1 and features dual 10GbE ports with room for 10/25GbE expansion.2
Powered by the DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system, the FS2500 is engineered for reliability and easy maintenance. Smart storage features such as automatic drive repair, storage deduplication,3 and snapshots coupled with remote backup capabilities ensure data and service availability.
Synology SAT5210 and SNV3410/3510: enterprise-grade SSDs for Synology servers
Released last year to meet increasingly stringent requirements in terms of reliability and sustained performance, Synology’s lineup of SSD drives have proven to be a dependable solution for powering IT operations in a variety of highly demanding scenarios.
“With ongoing disruptions in the supply chain, it is no surprise that vendors have started swapping components,” said Chen. “For end users, this often means leaving much to chance when it comes to the specs of the products they receive. This is not the case with our SSDs, as stringent testing coupled with validation processes guarantee optimal operation with our own systems.”
Synology drives are designed in conjunction with the entire stack of engineers responsible for each storage system to ensure complete hardware and software integration, bringing new features and optimizations that would have been otherwise impossible.
SAT5210 SATA SSDs and SNV3410/3510 M.2 NVMe SSDs deliver class-leading consistency and dependable performance for all-flash storage and caching duties. Lifetime analytics4 are based on actual workloads, giving more accurate and convenient insight for IT teams. Future drive firmware updates5 will also be delivered directly through Synology DSM for minimal disruption.
Synology FlashStation FS2500, SAT5210 SATA SSDs, and SNV3410/3510 M.2 NVMe SSDs are now available globally from Synology resellers and partners.
- Performance figures are obtained through internal testing by Synology. Actual performance may vary depending on the testing environment, usage, and configuration. See performance charts for more information.
- For the most up-to-date list of compatible NICs, please check our compatibility list.
- Data deduplication is only available on select models and only for Btrfs volumes made up of Synology SSDs. Visit this page for more information.
- Lifetime analytics are available in DSM 6.2.3-25426 and above.
- Automatic firmware updates are available in DSM 6.2.4-25556 and above.
- Performance may vary based on firmware, system configuration, and test setup. (SAT5210-960G) Performance was measured using FIO on Linux with Queue Depth 32 (4 KB = 4,096 bytes). (SNV3410/SNV3510) Performance was measured using FIO on Linux with Queue Depth 256 (4 KB = 4,096 bytes).
- 5 years or based on SSD Lifetime S.M.A.R.T. indicators (displayed in DSM > Storage Manager), whichever comes first.
Synology at a glance
Staying at the forefront of data management, Synology innovates and adapts to ever-evolving technologies, and continues bringing new possibilities to the table, including but not limited to solutions for data storage and backup, file collaboration, video management, and network infrastructure – all designed with one goal in mind – presenting a centralized platform to simplify IT administration while driving digital transformation for businesses worldwide.