AMD is celebrating the five-year anniversary of Ryzen with a video interview looking back over the past several years of development, innovation and leadership. From the industry-leading performance improvements to advancements in packaging and efficiency, AMD set new standards for the industry.
AMD company is also looking forward to continuing to innovate in the years to come. In the video, they also touched on:
- AMD is committed to “Zen” architecture to continue driving leadership in performance, efficiency, connectivity, process, and packaging.
- 3D V-cache, which offers an average 15% performance uplift in gaming, is coming to Ryzen on the AM4 platform in 1H22.
- AM5 is on track for 2022 with next-gen connectivity – DDR5, PCIe Gen 5, newest I/O standards, and compatibility with current AM4 coolers.
- AMD is working on fixed function accelerators such as noise cancelation and machine learning algorithms for teleconferencing.
- AMD is working on new power states and multiple power management profiles in firmware to maximize power efficiency in notebooks.
Hear about it all in an interview with AMD CMO John Taylor and Robert Hallock, director of technical marketing, here: www.amd.com/5YearsofRyzen.