May brings NVIDIA DLSS upgrade for nine games, including support for Virtual Reality titles for the first time ever. GeForce RTX users can now boost performance with NVIDIA DLSS in 50 games, with more integrations launching every month. NVIDIA also released a Game Ready Driver for Days Gone.
GeForce RTX Gamers Get Performance and Image Quality Upgrades in Nine More Titles in May!
Developers are adopting NVIDIA DLSS technology en masse, and this month nine games are either launching with DLSS or adding it for players via updates. DLSS momentum continues at full throttle with upgrades of the following games:
- AMID EVIL: Much loved retro shooter updates today, adding ray-traced effects and NVIDIA DLSS, which amps up performance by 2.7X at 4K with ray tracing enabled.
- Aron’s Adventure: Action-adventure RPG recently added NVIDIA DLSS using our Unreal Engine 4 DLSS plugin, and players saw performance leap by up to 60% enabling every GeForce RTX GPU to run the beautiful title at over 60 FPS at 4K.
- Everspace 2: Early Access space RPG-shooter will be updated today with support for DLSS, increasing performance by up to 80%.
- Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition: 4A Games’ Metro Exodus update launched earlier this month with DLSS, increasing frame rates by up to 2X, turning GeForce RTX GPUs into 4K powerhouses in Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition..
- No Man’s Sky: An upcoming update adds NVIDIA DLSS for desktop and virtual reality gaming, boosting performance in desktop mode by up to 70% at 4K, substantially improving the smoothness and responsiveness of gameplay, giving GeForce RTX gamers a better overall experience.
- Redout: Space Assault: The space shooter adds NVIDIA DLSS and ray-traced effects today in a new update, for a more immersive experience.
- Scavengers: Free-to-play shooter launched earlier this month with NVIDIA DLSS, boosting performance for GeForce RTX gamers by up to 40%, enabling GeForce gamers to max out the game’s graphics and play at over 60+ FPS across all GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs.
- Wrench: Mechanic sim adds ray tracing and NVIDIA DLSS, doubling desktop performance at 4K.
DLSS in VR Titles for the First Time Ever!
DLSS has changed gaming forever by using AI powered by RTX Tensor Cores and a deep learning neural network to boost frame rates and generate beautiful, sharp images for games. DLSS delivers the performance headroom to maximise quality settings and increase output resolution.
Now this revolutionary technology has been applied to frame rate-hungry virtual reality titles for the first time. The first VR titles that support NVIDIA DLSS are:
- No Man’s Sky: When playing No Man’s Sky in VR mode, DLSS doubles your VR performance at the Ultra graphics preset and maintains 90 FPS on an Oculus Quest 2 with a GeForce RTX 3080.
- Wrench: Ray-tracing and DLSS comes to VR in today’s update. DLSS boosts performance by up to 80% for this mechanic sim, making it possible to enable ray-traced effects for both its desktop and virtual reality modes
- Into The Radius: With NVIDIA DLSS in the Virtual Reality survival shooter, players will discover a noticeable improvement to anti-aliasing, which greatly reduces shimmering and stair-stepping on objects and foliage, further enhancing image quality and immersion..
More Game Ready Goodies and Upgrades
NVIDIA’s Game Ready Driver for Days Gone also adds other features including:
- Day one support that delivers the best experience for Knockout City.
- The addition of GeForce Experience optimal settings for six new games, including:
- Hood: Outlaws & Legends
- Metro Exodus: Enhanced Edition
- Ranch Simulator
- Resident Evil Village
- Total War: Rome Remastered
- Totally Accurate Battle Simulator
About NVIDIA Game Ready Drivers
Available on or before launch day, NVIDIA Game Ready Drivers provide the best experience for GeForce gamers because NVIDIA engineers work up until the last possible minute to optimise performance and perfect gameplay. And as an additional verification of quality, every Game Ready Driver is WHQL-certified by Microsoft.
- High resolution performance charts, screenshots and game logo art can be downloaded from the NVIDIA press extranet at www.nvidia-press.com.
- NVIDIA DLSS Update for May on GeForce.com: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/may-2021-rtx-dlss-game-update
- Game Ready Driver for Days Gone article on GeForce.com: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/days-gone-geforce-game-ready-driver
- NVIDIA DLSS info on GeForce..com: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/technologies/dlss/
- NVIDIA DLSS Games List: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/nvidia-dlss-games/