NVIDIA GeForce gamers are getting a pair of free upgrades today, one for Facepunch Studio’s popular multiplayer survival game Rust, as well as the visually stunning Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition from 4A games.
Rust supports NVIDIA Reflex for lower system latency and the Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition supports NVIDIA DLSS 2.0 to boost image quality and performance. Both upgrades are available today and delivered through game updates along with the latest Game Ready driver.
GeForce Gamers Get a Free Upgrade for Rust via NVIDIA Reflex
NVIDIA Reflex reduces system latency to improve player competitiveness, allowing them to acquire targets faster, react quicker, and increase aim precision simply by enabling NVIDIA Reflex in a game’s settings.
“Nvidia Reflex is now available for Rust, reducing latency by up to 38%! Rust players with GeForce GPUs will get an upgrade by simply enabling Reflex through the options menu.”
– Helk, Rust’s Project Lead, Designer & Programmer
The split second improvements in targeting that NVIDIA Reflex enables can be the difference between digital life or death. Rust players will see improvements in system latency up to 38% with Reflex enabled.
The Best Metro Exodus Yet: Enhanced Ray Tracing and NVIDIA DLSS 2.0
Metro Exodus was a flagship title for real time ray tracing, using the then-new technology for global illumination to stunning effect, dramatically raising the immersion of the horror shooter. Today, developer 4A Games is launching the Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition, an update that harnesses the power of ray tracing to deliver an incredible visual upgrade.
Along with the addition of DLSS 2.0, the Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition also introduces enhanced ray tracing features, including:
- the addition of ray-traced reflections
- the addition of ray traced emissive lighting, previously seen exclusively in The Two Colonels DLC
- enhanced ray-traced global illumination now applied to every light in the game
By moving to the latest version of NVIDIA DLSS (2.0), the Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition receives a significant boost in performance and image quality.
Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition runs exclusively on ray tracing-capable GPU and is available for free to all Metro Exodus owners on the Epic Games Store, Steam and GoG, and offered as a separate version.
- Metro Exodus: PC Enhanced Edition launch article: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/metro-exodus-pc-enhanced-edition-ray-tracing-dlss
- Rust gets Reflex article on GeForce.com: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/rust-reflex-out-now
- Game Ready Driver for Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition article on GeForce.com: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/metro-exodus-enhanced-edition-game-ready-driver
- Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition Enhanced Ray Tracing Trailer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKHmVyPiIOc
- Rust Reflex video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsM4Fq8PkIQ
- NVIDIA DLSS information on GeForce.com: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/technologies/dlss/
- List of Games with Reflex support: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/technologies/reflex/supported-products/
- Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition: https://www.metrothegame.com/news/the-metro-exodus-pc-enhanced-edition-announced-plus-more-details-on-our-ambitious-gen-9-console-upgrades/
- Rust: https://rust.facepunch.com/