SINGAPORE – Cooler Master today launches the MasterCase EG200 external GPU enclosure. The MasterCase EG200 chassis fits full-length graphics cards and connects them using the Thunderbolt™ 3 interface for maximum throughput. Added functionality such as a USB 3.0 hub, notebook stand, and hot-swap hard drive storage bay turns any notebook into a desktop-class workstation or gaming PC.
Desktop-class performance for your notebook
Boost the performance of your creative or gaming notebook to a desktop gaming PC or workstation with the EG200. The EGPU allows the installation of a desktop PCI-e graphics card via the ultra-high-bandwidth Thunderbolt™ 3 interface, allowing you to increase the graphics card performance of any Thunderbolt™ 3 equipped PC or Mac. Further expand the usability of your notebook with amenities such as dedicated USB hub I/O, hard drive and SSD dock and a vertical laptop stand, which easily accommodates notebooks of all sizes and form factors.
The hot-swap bay allows for seamless connectivity to multiple projects without sacrificing speed. For pros balancing on-site projects and working-from-home editing, the added functionality unlocks the dedicated power of high-end graphics cards for their go-to laptop. The internal PCB design also prioritizes memory transfer speeds, preventing data interference and signal loss when multiple USB devices use the same bandwidth as the GPU.
With a built-in stand to free up desk space and fan speed regulation to maximize quiet operation with cooling performance, the MasterCase EG200 heightens the standard of next-gen external GPU enclosures to push the limits of performance creative laptops and gaming laptops alike.
- Greatly boost GPU performance – Add the power of a desktop-class graphics card to your notebook. The EG200 interfaces to a notebook with a high-bandwidth Thunderbolt™ 3 connection to greatly increase gaming performance or compute performance with a dedicated graphics card.
- Thunderbolt™ 3 connection – The Thunderbolt™ 3 connection supports a blistering speed of up to 40Gbit/s and 60W of notebook charging via USB-C. The EG200 is outfitted with the latest JHL7440 controller to ensure maximum performance and compatibility.
- Built-in Laptop Stand – Neatly dock your laptop into the built-in vertical notebook stand and work from directly from an external monitor like a desktop.
- Dedicated IO ports – The dedicated USB connection separates the USB hub functionality from the Thunderbolt™ 3 connection to allow the graphics card or other PCI-e device use of the maximum Thunderbolt™ 3 bandwidth.
- Hard drive dock – Expand the limited storage on your notebook with an easy-to-add 3.5″ or 2.5″ HDD/SSD drive for your game library or project files.
- Mac and PC compatible – Compatible with Thunderbolt™ 3 equipped Macs* and PCs. Just plug and Play. *Only supports AMD cards, please check support on manufacturer’s site.
- Space-saving compactness – At just 9.7L the EG200 is one of the smallest EGPUs on the market supporting full size cards, saving valuable desktop space.
- Wide Component Compatibility – With an included V550 Gold SFX, an 80 Plus Gold rated PSU, the EG200 can support even the most power-hungry graphics cards on the market. Cards with dimensions up to 330 x 51 x 156mm are supported. Also compatible with any other PCI-e add-in card such as gigabit Ethernet, NVMe expansion cards, etc.
The MasterCase EG200 also comes equipped with a the V550 Gold SFX power supply specifically designed to power the GPU, drives, and USB accessories. The power supply comes with all the required cables needed to install any graphics card.
Pricing & Availability
The MasterCase EG200 is now available in Singapore, priced at SGD 499.