The latest GeForce Game Ready driver delivers day-one optimisations and enhancements for Microsoft Flight Simulator and World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, which will soon feature the addition of DXR ray-traced shadows to the beta server of the long-running MMORPG. This driver also offers the best experience in A Total War Saga: TROY, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2, and more, while adding 8 more displays to the G-SYNC compatible list, bringing the total to 110. Creators can be on the lookout for a new NVIDIA Studio Driver, set for tomorrow as well.
Another Flagship Franchise Supports Ray Tracing
World of Warcraft is one of the longest running MMORPGs of all time, and with the addition of ray-traced shadows, World of Warcraft beta players are getting a free image quality upgrade.
The momentum and support for ray tracing is undeniable:
- Ray tracing support is out in beta in what is the most popular game – Minecraft.
- Ray tracing support launched with biggest blockbuster in gaming – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
- Ray tracing support has already been announced and demonstrated in what could be the most anticipated game ever – Cyberpunk 2077.
- And now ray tracing support is being tested in World of Warcraft – one of the longest running MMORPG of all time.
It is clearly the way forward for game developers.
Eight New G-SYNC Compatible Displays
The G-SYNC Compatible program expands the G-SYNC ecosystem and aims to bring consistency and educate consumers on which displays will provide a good entry-level variable refresh rate (VRR) experience.
The newly validated monitors are the Acer XB273U GX, VG272 LV, XV272 LV, CP5271U V, X34 GS models along with the Asus PG329, IO Data GC252UXm, and Lenovo Y25-25 displays, giving gamers even more choice when searching for a great gaming display.
Under the G-SYNC Compatible program, NVIDIA works with monitor OEMs to validate the experience on monitors that support the AdaptiveSync protocol. Those that pass are designated as “G-SYNC Compatible”. With today’s additions, the list now totals 110. For a full listing of G-SYNC Compatible displays, please click here.
About NVIDIA Game Ready Drivers
Game Ready Drivers are available on or before launch day for most major titles and are tuned for the best performance and flawless gameplay. All NVIDIA Game Ready Drivers are Microsoft WHQL-certified.
- GeForce.com story about the Game Ready Driver for Microsoft Flight Simulator and World of Warcraft: Shadowlands: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/microsoft-flight-simulator-game-ready-driver/
- NVIDIA Driver Downloads: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx
- List of G-SYNC Compatible displays: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/