Samsung has just announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series. The Galaxy Note 20 series consists of the two main smartphones, which are namely the Note 20 and the Note 20 Ultra. Here’s what you need to know all about the new Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Series.
Power to Work
1. Improved S Pen latency – Even with advancements in smartphone stylus technology in the Note 10 predecessor, Samsung thought that it’s still not good enough. Therefore, they have went back to the drawing board to further improve the responsiveness of the new S Pen found on the new Galay Note 20 Series. This time, they have managed to achieve a much lower latency of 9ms for the Galaxy Note 20 series, providing users will a more fluid S Pen experience.
2. 5 new Air actions for S Pen – The feature to control your smartphone just by a swerve on your S Pen is not new. This time, with the Galaxy Note 20 series, Samsung has introduced 5 more air actions. They are (1) Move Backward, (2) Home, (3) Recent App, (4) Smart Select and (5)Screen Capture
3. Enhancements to Samsung Notes App – The new Samsung Notes App now supports Real-Time Auto syncing across devices with Notes Sync, and a new Audio Bookmark feature which plays back your notes and scribbles along with the corresponding audio recordings. It also has a new PDF Annotation and Auto Straighten feature. These notes can be managed within a revamped customizable folder and page structure.
4. Partnership with Microsoft – With Samsung’s partnership with Microsoft, the new Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series can now work even better with Windows devices. You can easily link the asmartphone to Windows, and control your smartphone with your PC. Moreover, you can also use drag and drop methods to share files between both devices. The Note 20’s notes and reminders can also be directly synchronized to the Microsoft apps on your PC.
Power to Play
5. AI-based Game Booster – A new Optimized profile that improves performance of your games and relevant apps, such as streaming and voice chat apps
6. 240Hz Touch Latency – The display senses touch interactions 240 times a second to ensure that your inputs can be immediately recorded and processed by the phone
7. Improved Bluetooth Audio Response – Bluetooth audio is not perfect, as it is expected to have significant delays between the source of the audio to your bluetooth headsets. Samsung has introduced a new technology to reduce the latency of Bluetooth Audio from source to headset, thus enabling a better gaming experience on your wireless headphones.
8. Improved cooling solution while retaining a thin profile – The Samsung Note 20 series comes with the world’s slimmest vapor chamber design to effectively dissipate heat throughout the smartphone. This ensures that the smartphone is able to perform at its optimal state without any thermal performance throttling.
9. Enhanced Connectivity – With 5G connectivity and Wi-Fi Optimization technology, gamers can expect to play their networked games without any lag.
10. Samsung DeX now works wirelessly – You can now connect use Samsung DeX mode to have a desktop like experience to any wireless display enabled screens, such as a large format TV or a simple WiFi monitor.
Power to Capture
11. 8K Video Recording – You can now record 8K videos in 16:9 or 21:9 aspect ratio in 24fps on the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Series
12. Smooth Zooms while Recording – In taking videos, you can select a new “Zoom” mode which helps you to create a smooth zoom effect to your subject, while still being fully in focus.
13. Advanced Hybrid Laser Auto Focus – With a new laser sensor on the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series, and coupled with usual computer vision, a new Hybrid Auto Focus system is born. This allows you to quickly focus on a subject to capture a clear photo with the new fast and accurate auto focus feature.
The Power of Note and Galaxy
14. Ultra-Wideband Technology (UWB) – UWB is a radio technology that can use a very low energy level for short-range, high-bandwidth communications over a large portion of the radio spectrum. Samsung is using this technology on the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series for file sharing, and also have plans to introduce Digital Keys systems. Digital keys can be used for authentication and a wide variety of applications.
15. Smoothest Viewing Experience – The Note 20 series comes with a 120Hz AMOLED display. It can cleverly determine the scenario of usage of the phone, and adapt the display to a lower refresh rate to extend its battery life. This display is also 25% brighter than its predecessor.
16. Advanced Performance with Exynos 990 – Samsung has introduced the new Exynos 990 in the new Note 20 series. This new processor has an enhanced AI processing capabilities for multitudes of AI applications. It will also perform faster and enables smoother multi-tasking.
17. All day battery life – The Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra comes with a 4300mAh and 4500mAh battery capacity respectively. This is larger than what is provided in the Note 10 series. As such, users can expect a even longer battery life than the already good Note 10 series. The new Samsung Note 20 series will also feature Super Fast Charging, which can allow you to charge from 0 to 50+% in just 30 minutes.
18. Your choice of Colours – The Samsung Note 20 Ultra comes in either Mystic Bronze, Mystic Black and Mystic White. As for the Samsung Note 20, you will have a choice of Mystic Bronze, Mystic Green or Mystic Gray.
19. Availability and pricing – The Galaxy Note20, Note20 5G and Note20 Ultra 5G will be available in Singapore from 21 August 2020, Friday, at local telecommunication operators (M1, Singtel and StarHub), major consumer electronics & IT stores, selected authorised mobile retailers, Samsung Experience Stores, Samsung Online Store, Samsung Education Store, Samsung Official Store in Lazada and Shopee, Takashimaya Departmental Store and KrisShop.
20. Preorders and Registration of Interest –
Pre-Order / Registration of interest for the Galaxy Note20 (256GB), Note20 5G2 (256GB1) and Note20 Ultra 5G2 (256GB1) will commence from 6 August 2020, Thursday, 10am.
Consumers can register their interest for the Galaxy Note20, Note20 5G and Note20 Ultra 5G with telecommunication operators, or place their pre-order for the all-new devices, at the following:
- Telecommunication operators (M1, Singtel, StarHub)
- Samsung Online Store / Samsung Experience Stores
- Selected Consumer Electronics & IT Stores, Samsung Official Store in Lazada and Shopee
- Takashimaya Departmental Store
All consumers who pre-order the Galaxy Note20, Note20 5G or Note20 Ultra 5G will be entitled to the following complimentary pre-order exclusives3 upon successful payment for and collection or delivery of their pre-order.
- Galaxy Note20 and Note20 5G: Galaxy Buds+ (Black) worth $268
- Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G: Galaxy Buds Live (Bronze) worth $288
Galaxy Buds Live is our latest true wireless earbud featuring an iconic design and comfortable fit, while not compromising on audio quality, allowing for a truly immersive aural experience.
Pre-Order / Registration of Interest at Telecommunication Operators
Consumers can visit the following URLs for more information on pre-order / registration of interest for the Galaxy Note20, Note20 5G and Note20 Ultra 5G:
- M1: m1.com.sg/galaxynote20
- Singtel: singtel.com/galaxynote20
- StarHub: starhub.com/galaxynote20 (only available from 6 August, 6pm)
Consumers who pre-order their Galaxy Note20, Note20 5G and Note20 Ultra 5G from telecommunication operators can collect their devices from 17 August 2020, Monday. Customers of M1 and Singtel can opt to collect their devices through in-store collection, delivery, or POPStation collection, while StarHub customers can receive their devices via delivery only.
Pre-Order at Samsung Online Store / Samsung Experience Stores
Consumers can also pre-order their Galaxy Note20, Note20 5G and Note20 Ultra 5G without contract via the Samsung Online Store (www.samsung.com/sg/galaxynote20/pre–order/) or by visiting the following Samsung Experience Stores during their opening hours:
- Central: 313@Somerset #B2-24/25/26 Tel: 6836 1809, Bugis Junction #01-63/63A Tel: 6338
7911, Chinatown Point #01-48 Tel: 6222 7911, VivoCity #02-28/29 Tel: 6376 9150
- East: Bedok Mall #B1-07 Tel: 6844 9310, Tampines Mall #02-29 Tel: 6782 9575
- North: Causeway Point #01-01 Tel: 6891 1011, NEX #04-42 Tel: 6636 7392
- West: Jurong Point #B1-09/10/11 Tel: 6791 2272, Westgate #01-01 Tel: 6369 9175
Consumers who choose to pre-order their Galaxy Note20, Note20 5G and Note20 Ultra 5G from the Samsung Online Store can collect their devices from 17 August 2020, Monday via in-person collection at Samsung Experience Store or delivery.
Consumers who opt to pre-order via walk-in at the Samsung Experience Store can collect their devices in-store from 17 August 2020, Monday.
Pre-order at Selected Consumer Electronics & IT Stores, Takashimaya Department Store, Samsung Store in Lazada and Shopee
Pre-order for the Galaxy Note20, Note20 5G and Note20 Ultra 5G will also be available in-store at Takashimaya Department Store and online at the respective websites of selected consumer electronics & IT stores (Best Denki, Challenger/Hachi, Courts, Gain City and Harvey Norman and KrisShop) and Samsung Official Store in Lazada and Shopee.
More information is available at the following URLs:
- Best Denki: bestdenki.com.sg/galaxynote20
- Challenger/Hachi: https://www.hachi.tech/galaxynote20
- Courts: courts.com.sg/galaxynote20
- Gain City: https://www.gaincity.com/galaxynote20
- Harvey Norman: https://www.harveynorman.com.sg/galaxynote20
- KrisShop: https://www.krisshop.com/en/brands/samsung
- Samsung Official Store (Lazada): https://www.lazada.sg/galaxynote20
- Samsung Official Store (Shopee): https://shopee.sg/galaxynote20
 Actual user-accessible internal memory is less than specified total memory due to storage of the operating system, the software used to operate device features, and other built-in applications, and may vary after software updates/upgrades. 2 Samsung Galaxy Note20 5G and Note20 Ultra 5G are 5G-capable, and can be used to access 5G network in Singapore after local 5G network is launched. SIM card upgrade and/or software update may be required. Data subscription fees apply. 3 Complimentary gifts are while stocks last, and not exchangeable for cash or other items. Samsung reserves the right to substitute the gifts at its sole discretion without prior notice. Other terms & conditions apply; please refer to pre-order terms & conditions for more details.
 Terms and conditions apply. Please check respective Telecommunication Operators’ websites for details.