Sony’s new flagship Xperia 1 II is built for speed, offering the world’s first1 smartphone with up to 20fps2 AF/AE3 tracking burst for a complete creative entertainment experience
- Triple lens camera incorporating industry leading Sony Alpha technology, ZEISS optics calibrated specifically for Xperia with 3D iToF • Industry-leading autofocus camera technology offers up to 20 fps2 burst shooting with 60 times per second4 AF/AE3 calculations and Real-time Eye AF4 for humans and animals5 • Cinematography Pro “powered by CineAlta” can record in multiple frame rates and offer more manual controls such as touch auto focus and custom white balance to enhance your cinematographic shooting experiences
- 21:9 CinemaWide 6.5” 4K HDR OLED display6 delivers unprecedented colour accuracy with Creator mode “powered by CineAlta”.
- Watch a movie with Dolby Atmos® sound, tuned in collaboration with Sony Pictures Entertainment, for a multi-dimensional surround sound experience.
- Audio quality as artists intended with sound tuned in collaboration with Sony Music Entertainment, front stereo speakers, and new 360 Reality Audio7 with unique hardware decoding to optimise sound quality
(SINGAPORE, 8 July 2020) – Sony has further strengthened its Xperia line-up with the introduction of the Xperia 1 II (Mark two) which is built for speed to help you create and enjoy content effortlessly through the incorporation of market leading technologies from across the Sony technology portfolio including:
- 20 fps2 burst shooting with 60 times per second4 AF/AE3 calculations from Sony’s Alpha interchangeable lens cameras.
- Creator mode and cinema recording function Cinematography Pro “powered by CineAlta” from Sony’s professional solutions business division
- X1™ for mobile based on technology from BRAVIA® TV
Capture a decisive moment with high-speed shooting
Designed with Sony’s Alpha industry-leading AF technology, the newly developed triple lens camera supports advanced photo technologies with outstanding ZEISS optics, calibrated specifically for Xperia 1 II and ZEISS T* Coating contributes to exquisite rendering and contrast by reducing reflections.
Utilising technology developed for Alpha™ interchangeable lens cameras, Xperia 1 II offers continuous AF that performs AF / AE3 calculations at 60 times per second4.
This enables the world’s first1 AF / AE3 continuous tracking for high-speed shooting at a maximum of 20 fps2 which is especially useful for shooting moving subjects such as children or animals5 and fast-moving sports. Focus and follow the subject with high precision and capture decisive moments that you do not want to miss.
Xperia 1 II fast focus also works in low light conditions delivering quality images in challenging circumstances thanks to four technologies working together: Dual photo diode sensor8, an auto-focus system that covers approximately 70 percent of the sensor9, the 3D iToF sensor10 and a new large 1/1.7” Exmor RS™ for mobile sensor makes is 1.5x more sensitive than the previous model, resulting in faster and accurate AF in low light shooting.
The triple lens camera offers fantastic versatility with three focal lengths: 16mm/24mm/70mm. The new Photography Pro “technology from Alpha” brings a user interface that is aligned to Alpha photographers, with manual controls to set ISO, shutter speed and more.
Imaging Edge for Mobile connects Xperia 1 II to Sony’s Alpha cameras11 enabling you to use the phone as a remote, controlling composition, focus mode and ISO sensitivity among other settings. This also allows the user to transfer photos taken on Alpha to Xperia 1 II to review colours and hues with professional grade accuracy.
Cinematography Pro “powered by CineAlta” newly supports 2K 120fps 10-bit HDR cinematic high frame rate shooting12 and Cinematic 21:9 4K HDR recording at 24/25/30/60fps 13, enhancing cinematographic shooting experiences. Touch AF, Metered Manual controls for setting exposure, level meter and improved white balance settings offer more manual control, while the unique Intelligent wind filter technology from Sony reduces noise and wind interference for clear audio recording.
Smart and Powerful
Xperia 1 II is powered by a high-capacity 4,000mAh battery with fast charge that charges up to 50% in just 30 minutes14 and features Qi fast wireless charging for a fast battery boost on the move. Sony continues to develop battery technologies to improve the lifespan and keep the battery healthier for longer including AI-powered ‘Battery Care’ that adapts to your personal routine.
Immerse Yourself in Entertainment
Whether you’re listening to music or watching movies, the Xperia 1 II is finely tuned for an immaculate entertainment experience. Motion blur reduction technology is equivalent to that of a 90Hz display and reduces frame lag for a clearer image quality and with Dolby Atmos® sound, tuned in collaboration with Sony Pictures Entertainment, the result is a multidimensional surround sound experience.
Drawing on our expertise both in audio hardware and music entertainment, the Xperia 1 II has been engineered to deliver a truly authentic listening experience with the audio tuned in collaboration with Sony Music Entertainment.
The aural experience is taken even further with the world’s first15 smartphone with 360 Reality Audio hardware decoding to optimise sound quality when listening to music on global music and entertainment platform, TIDAL16. High-quality music can be enjoyed through the front stereo speakers or in combination with wired headphones with the 3.5mm jack or wireless headphones. Significant audio tuning has reduced crosstalk to an imperceptible 20dB – over 90% lower than USB-C headphone connections.
In addition to High-Resolution and High-Resolution Wireless Audio17, Xperia 1 II introduces DSEE Ultimate. This new technology utilises AI to automatically improve audio frequency and bit rate in real-time, taking each track close to high-resolution audio. It works with wired or wireless headphones, with local or streaming music.
Gaming on the Go
Enjoy an unrestricted view of your gaming action on a 21:9 display. The 21:9 mobile gaming experience combined with direct connection to PlayStation®4’s DUALSHOCK®418 Wireless Controller makes gaming on the go more fun.
Game Enhancer, a feature that was first introduced on Xperia 1 to enhance the mobile gaming experience, has been improved with additional functionality on Xperia 1 II. It will now support Competition Set which pins game App the screen and turns Xperia to game first and focused device, suitable for even competition match for E-sports. In addition, the touch response time on the screen has been improved performance when compared with Xperia 1 to give the ultimate mobile gaming experience.
The Xperia 1 II comes with IP65/68 water resistance19 and Corning® Gorilla® Glass 6 on both sides, making it sturdy as well as beautifully designed.
To complement Xperia 1 II you can also purchase one of the stylish matching covers. Xperia 1 II Style Cover View is available in two colours20; Black and Purple. This stylish cover not only offers protection against everyday wear and tear but also lets you see time, date, and notifications, even when it’s closed. Xperia 1 II Style Cover with Stand, available in Black and Purple, is a slim case with an integrated kickstand so you can comfortably view the screen, watch movies, and play games.
Pricing and Availability
The Xperia 1 II in Black, Purple and White will be available in Singapore from the 4th Quarter of 2020 at Sony Stores, Sony Store Online, and the Sony flagship store on Lazada. Price information to be advised.
A Registration of Interest is currently being conducted at this link for those interested in being notified of the model’s availability closer to the date.
For full product details, please visit:
- Xperia 1 II’s camera features up to 20 fps AF/AE continuous shooting with tracking. Xperia 1 II produces infocus photos at up to 20 fps by continuously calculates AF/AE up to 60 times/second. Verified by Strategy Analytics’ SpecTRAX Service against the published camera specifications for over 16,000 smartphones. Correct as of the 23rd February 2020
- Up to 20fps burst shooting with AF/AE is available for 24mm camera. 16mm and 70mm camera can shot up to 10fps AF/AE. This function can be taken with “Photography Pro”. Effective when drive mode is “Hi”. Effective when shutter speed is 1/100 second or faster. It may vary depending on the shooting environment. Maximum fps will depend on shooting environment and settings.
- AF：Auto Focus, AE： Auto Exposure
- Effective with 26mm lens. This function can be taken with “Photography Pro”. Effective when shutter speed is 1/60 second or faster. It may vary depending on the shooting environment.
- Accurate focus may not be achieved with certain subjects in certain situations and this does not work with all types of animals.
- Display ratios may vary based on content formatting.
- 360 Reality Audio requires a subscription to a compatible online music service, and third party terms, conditions, account, and fees may apply.
- Dual Photo Diode available for 16mm and 24mm cameras.
- Available on 24mm camera\
- Up to 5m distance. For videos 3D iToF sensor works for 70mm.
- Please see Sony website for list of compatible cameras.
- Video clip shot in 120fps high frame rate will be recorded and played back in slow motion. Slow motion effect varies depending on project FPS rate such as x2 x4 x4.8 x5.
- Recording time restrictions apply. Quality of playback subject to platform and device screen capabilities. 14 Charges up to 50% in just 30 minutes (using 21W USB PD charger, accessory sold separately)
- Xperia 1 II features on-device 360 Reality Audio hardware decoding. Hardware decoding works with TIDAL. Third party terms, conditions, account, and fees may apply. Service availability may vary by market. Verified by Strategy Analytics’ SpecTRAX Service against the current audio specifications for over 16,000 smartphones. Correct as of the 23rd February 2020.
- Third party terms, conditions, account, and fees may apply. Service availability may vary by market. 17 High-resolution Audio and High-Resolution Audio Wireless require compatible headset 18 DUALSHOCK®4 and XD mount sold separately. Compatibility with game titles may vary
- XPERIA 1 II is water resistant and protected against dust, so don’t worry if you get caught in the rain or want to wash off dirt under a tap, but remember all ports and attached covers should be firmly closed. You should not put the device completely underwater; or expose it to seawater, salt water, chlorinated water or liquids such as drinks. Abuse and improper use of device will invalidate warranty. The device has been tested under Ingress Protection rating IP65/68. For more info, see https://support.sonymobile.com/global–en/dm/waterresistant/. Note the XPERIA 1 II has a capless USB port to connect and charge. The USB port needs to be completely dry before charging.
- Timing and availability will vary by country or regions.
†360 Reality Audio requires a subscription to a compatible online music service, and third party terms, conditions, account, and fees may apply.
††360 Reality Audio hardware decoding works with TIDAL. Third party terms, conditions, account, and fees may apply. Service availability may vary by market.
“SONY” and “Xperia” are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
“PlayStation” is a registered trademark or trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. “DUALSHOCK” is a registered trademark or trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
Dolby, Dolby Atmos, and the double-D symbol are among the registered and unregistered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories, Inc. in the Unites States and/or other countries.
“DUALSHOCK” is a registered trademark or trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
ZEISS is a registered trademark of Carl Zeiss AG used under license of Carl Zeiss Vision International GmbH.