Taipei, TAIWAN – Cooler Master today launches its second Kickstarter campaign, the “Pi Case 40”.
Pi Case 40 is a casing for Raspberry Pi boards aimed at providing a unique set of features in a durable and long-lasting package.
The case encloses the Raspberry Pi board in a sleek aluminum shell, further protected by a high grade TPU bumper.
Once assembled, the system runs cool and totally quiet, without the need of an additional fan, even at high clock speeds thanks to the aluminum shell.
On top of offering a higher grade of protection and cooling for your system, Pi Case 40 includes direct access to the board’s connectors and sports a remappable power button. All connections are re-routed on the sides, allowing for a better look and accessibility. The Pi Case 40’s accessibility and high material quality makes it one of most reliable travel cases for Raspberry Pi users.
Cooler Master’s 2nd Kickstarter Campaign
Cooler Master is launching its 2nd Kickstarter campaign to get feedback from professionals and hardcore hobbyists and finalize the Pi Case 40 design together with its community. The development team wants to know what users like to see from Pi Case 40.
The campaign will last for 36 days, starting from July 14th to August 18th. During this time, backers will have access to many different bundles, on top of a 25% discount of the case, free US shipping and all the accessories included for free. Users will also get the chance to access private brainstorming sessions with the development team and take part into the design finalization.
Only once the campaign is over and all the funding goals are met, Cooler Master will release the Pi Case 40’s design assets for free, completely open source, on its website, as a tribute to the makers community.
- Reprogrammable Power Button – The case comes included with a power button to easily power on and off the system without having to remove the power source from the Raspberry Pi. The power button is reconfigurable to any other action with a simple change in code.
- Easy-access I/O Ports – All ports are quickly accessible thanks to a no-interference design. The GPIO ports are rotated 90 degrees and accessible via the side flap in the TPU bumper, allowing for protection when closed and easy access when opened. Display and Camera connectors remain protected within the enclosure, while a slit in the TPU bumper allows both cables to be routed outside the enclosure.
- Cool-looking, Cooler-Running Aluminum Core – The aluminum core of the Pi 40 serves as a large, passive heatsink to keep the Raspberry Pi running cool and performing at its best without requiring a loud fan. The Pi Case 40 offers an unmatched amount of surface area for its size, allowing higher GPU and CPU frequencies out of the box.
- Universal Mounting – 4 VESA/wall mounting brackets come included to fix your Raspberry Pi to every surface and monitor.
- Designed for on-the-go users – The Pi 40’s compact dimensions allow it to be portable, while the aluminum, TPU, and plastic housing keeps it safe from impacts, minor liquid splashes, and light dust.
- Open Source, versatile design – The Pi Case 40 is designed for a multitude of uses.
Once the campaign is over, the design will be free to download, modify and optimize for any kind of specific and specialized implementation. Retro-compatibility, different mounting attachments, new colorations, customized top designs… anything is possible with Pi Case 40.
Pricing & Availability
The retail price of Pi Case 40 will be 24.99$ / 24,99€