Taipei – October 31, 2019 – Kingston Technology, a world leader in memory products and technology solutions, today announced it is shipping the Data Center 450R (DC450R) Enterprise SSD, a high performance 6Gbps SATA SSD with 3D TLC NAND, designed for read-centric application workloads. This streamlined server SSD delivers on performance while providing exceptional I/O and latency predictability, a requirement now amongst Data Center Class SSDs. Built to Kingston’s strict QoS requirements234, the DC450R is designed to ensure performance consistency over a wide range of read intensive and read caching workloads.
Kingston’s DC450R is designed for workloads that require 24/7 uptime and reliability, such as Content Delivery Networks (CDN), edge computing applications and a wide array of software-defined storage architectures. DC450R presents a specifically focused feature set that enables data centers to select the most cost effective SSD for their workloads. Businesses require results as they deliver on products, solutions and service level agreements (SLAs) and DC450R provides system builders and Cloud providers with a high performance, economical SSD standard they can count on.
“Today’s data centers and workloads demand a strategically optimized SSD designed with a streamlined and focused feature set for read-centric applications,” said Kingston. “Our DC450R is designed to deliver on these expectations and gives data center managers the ability to select an SSD tailored for workloads without overspending on more expensive write-intensive SSDs. The 450R delivers I/O speeds and predictable low latency to ensure consistent high-levels of performance – both in the working application and downstream at the user interface.”
DC450R is available in from 480GB, 960GB, 1.92TB, 3.84TB1 capacities and is backed by a limited five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit www.kingston.com.
Data Center 450R Enterprise SSD Features & Specifications
- Read-centric Applications: Performance consistency in Edge Computing and CDN applications.
- Reduce Application Latencies: Database and web-based applications leverage predictable I/O and latency performance.
- Data Integrity Protection: ECC protection with advanced read/disturb management safeguards against data corruption; end-to-end protection.
- Strategically Optimized: Focused feature set enables data centers to select the most cost effective SSD for their workload(s).
- Form Factor: 2.5″
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s)
- With backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Capacities1: 480GB, 960GB, 1.92TB, 3.84TB
- NAND: 3D TLC
- Self-Encrypting Drive (SED): AES 256-bit Encryption
- Sequential Read/Write:
- 480GB – 560MBs/510MBs
- 960GB – 560MBs/530MBs
- 1.92TB – 560MBs/530MBs
- 3.84TB – 560MBs/525MBs
- Steady-State 4k Read/Write:
- 480GB – 99,000/17,000 IOPS
- 960GB – 98,000/26,000 IOPS
- 1.92TB – 99,000/28,000 IOPS
- 3.84TB – 99,000/26,000 IOPS
- Quality of Service (Latency)234: TYP Read/Write: <500 µs / <2 ms
- Hot-Plug Capable
- Static and Dynamic Wear Leveling
- Power Loss Protection (Power Caps): No
- Enterprise SMART Tools: Reliability tracking, usage statistics, SSD life remaining, wear leveling, temperature
- Endurance DC450R:
- 480GB — 285TB (0.3 DWPD/5yrs)5
- 960GB — 582TB (0.3 DWPD/5yrs) 5
- 1.92TB — 1301TB (0.3 DWPD/5yrs) 5
- 3.84TB — 2823TB (0.3 DWPD/5yrs)5
- Power Consumption:
- 480GB: Idle: 1.05W Average Read: 1.25W Average Write: 3.03W Max Read: 1.25W Max Write: 4W
- 960GB: Idle: 1.15W Average Read: 1.3W Average Write: 3.18W Max Read: 1.3W Max Write: 4.25W
- 1.92TB: Idle: 1.22W Average Read: 1.42W Average Write: 3.44W Max Read: 1.42W Max Write: 4.5W
- 3.84TB: Idle: 1.3W Average Read: 1.48W Average Write: 3.93W Max Read: 1.48W Max Write: 5.5W
- Storage Temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Operating Temperature: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Dimensions: 69.9mm x 100mm x 7mm
- Weight: 92.34g
- Vibration Operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration Non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- MTBF: 2 million hours
- Warranty/support6: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support
480GB Data Center DC450R SSD
960GB Data Center DC450R SSD
1920GB Data Center DC450R SSD
3840GB Data Center DC450R SSD
1 Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Guide at kingston.com/flashguide
2Workload based on FIO, Random 4KB QD=1 workload, measured as the time taken for 99.9 percentile of commands to finish the round-trip from host to drive and to host.
3Measurement taken once the workload has reached steady state but including all background activities required for normal operation and data reliability.
4Based on 960GB capacity.
5Drives Writes Per Day (DWPD) derived from the JEDEC Enterprise Workload (JESD219A).
6Limited warranty based on 5 years or SSD “Life Remaining” which can be found using the Kingston SSD Manager (kingston.com/SSDManager). A new, unused product will show a wear indicator value of one hundred (100), whereas a product that has reached its endurance limit of program erase cycles will show a wear indicator value of one (1). See kingston.com/wa for details.