Global Performance Memory Leader Ships Billions of Bytes of Memory
Taipei, Taiwan – Oct. 22, 2018 – HyperX, the gaming division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc. today announced that since its inception in 2002, it has shipped over 60 million memory modules, billions of bytes of memory. Chosen by OEMs, PC builders, overclockers, and the gaming community, HyperX has steadily grown as the largest independent gaming memory module manufacturer and performance leader. HyperX has increasingly expanded its product line and market reach. It is not only recognized for delivering high quality memory products, but also as a peripherals leader to gamers across the globe. With this major milestone and the growth in sales of headsets, keyboards and mice, HyperX is projected to exceed $550 million in total revenue for branded products in 2018.
HyperX provides a variety of memory solutions, including Predator DIMMs for high performance PC builds, FURY DIMMs for gamers building affordable PCs, and Impact SODIMMs for notebook updates and system builds. The HyperX Engineering Labs and engineering team is committed to developing technology to bring new performance memory products to the PC, mini-PC and notebook markets.
Since 2002, HyperX has helped drive and support a range of memory industry technology advancements to support enthusiasts, professionals and builders, including:
- Gaming memory capacity grew 62 times – from 256M to 16G
- Memory module speeds increased 12 times – from 333MHz to 4.133GHz
- Price per 1Gb decreased in cost 38 times, from $37.66 to $0.98 (ASP – Average Selling Price)
- Memory architecture advanced four times – from DDR1 through DDR4
“PC gamers, builders and OEMs have chosen HyperX as their trusted memory brand for PC or notebook gaming,” said HyperX. “HyperX is pleased to be part of the gaming community and supplying high quality memory.”
Other milestones and accomplishments by HyperX:
- Entry into the overclocking gaming memory market in 2002
- The first gaming memory company to sponsor an esports event in China in 2004 (ACON’04, Shanghai)
- First company to sponsor a gaming organization for over 10 years (SK Gaming)
- First gaming brand to sponsor sports celebrities in basketball (Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, De’Aaron Fox) football (JuJu Smith-Shuster), and soccer (Dele Alli)
- First gaming brand to sponsor NBA teams as an esports gaming peripheral partner (Dallas Mavericks and Philadelphia 76ers), sponsored the inaugural NBA 2K League season and many first season NBA 2K teams (Mavs Gaming, Pacers Gaming, Grizzlies Gaming, Bucks Gaming, Jazz Gaming, Magic Gaming)
- First gaming brand to sponsor major esports arenas, including Esports Arena of Las Vegas
- First gaming memory vendor chosen as the base memory vendor for major PC OEMs
HyperX was born from Kingston Technology, the world’s largest independent memory manufacturer, with the goal of providing gamers, PC builders, and power users with high-performance components. For 16 years, the HyperX mission has been to develop gaming products for gamers – high-speed memory, solid state drives, headsets, keyboards, mice, USB flash drives, and mouse pads – to the gaming community and beyond. The award-winning HyperX brand has carved its name atop the leaderboard by consistently delivering products that deliver superior comfort, aesthetics, performance, and reliability. HyperX gear is the choice of pro gamers, tech enthusiasts, and overclockers worldwide because it meets the most stringent product specifications and is built with best-in-class components. HyperX has shipped over 5 million headsets worldwide.
Whatever your skill level, whatever genres you play, we embrace all gaming enthusiasts everywhere with our core belief — We’re All Gamers.