Samsung Electronics Singapore today showcased the new Galaxy Note7, its latest device to its flagship Galaxy Note line. Building on Samsung’s category-defining leadership in the smartphone market, the Galaxy Note7 sets a new standard for large-screen devices with a premium and refined design, topped with innovative features and top-of-the-line security capabilities. Created for lifestyles striking a balance between work and play, the Galaxy Note7 enables users to achieve more than what they thought possible on a smartphone.
Samsung also showcased the evolution of Samsung Knox, the award winning and defence-grade security platform1 that is being taken beyond mobile to serve as the backbone of secure enterprise and consumer solutions and services.
Key Product Highlights:
· Galaxy Note7 S Pen: Bringing Ideas to Life – The Galaxy Note7 features a new and enhanced S Pen that is more than just a writing tool – it updated design with a smaller pen tip and improvements to pressure sensitivity, offers users a highly accurate and real pen-like experience. The Galaxy Note7 and its S Pen are both equipped with IP682-certified water and dust resistant capabilities, providing users with increased utility where they can jot down their thoughts without interruption anytime.
· Advanced Security: With the Blink of an Eye – In addition to fingerprint scanning, the Galaxy Note7 is equipped with new iris recognition3 technology, a highly secure biometric authentication system. Coupled with Samsung Knox, an award-winning1 defence-grade security platform, the Galaxy Note7 provides a new level of security and convenience.
· Best-in-Class Entertainment – Equipped with a 5.7-inch QHD SUPER AMOLED display, the Galaxy Note7 features immersive entertainment capabilities. It is the first smartphone that is High Dynamic Range4 (HDR) video streaming-ready, providing users with a cinema-like experience with brighter colours and a deeper black, ensuring the most fulfilling movie experience.
· Galaxy Foundation with Refined Craftsmanship – Featuring a front-to-back 3D dual-edge curve Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5 finishing, the Galaxy Note7 provides users with a firm and comfortable grip with its refined design. It does not compromise on functionality as well, where the simplified and refined user experience also enables users to enjoy seamless interaction with their phone. Users can also capture important memories in true-to-life colours with the Galaxy Note7, where its 1.4μm dual-pixel technology, wide f1.7 aperture and fast auto-focus work together to make sharp and beautiful photography possible even in low-light environments.
· Dual SIM Support – The Galaxy Note7 is equipped with Dual SIM capability, offering users added usage flexibility. Equipped with 64GB of internal storage4, and with the additional external memory slot offering expandable storage of up to 256GB, users can enjoy added versatility without worrying about running out of space to store their content on their device.
Local Pricing and Availability
The Galaxy Note7 will be available from 20 August 2016 at the recommended retail price of $1,168 (inclusive of GST). Available in colour options of Black Onyx, Gold Platinum and Silver Titanium, the device will be available at all local telecommunication operators, major consumer electronics stores, authorised mobile retailers, Samsung Experience Stores and Lazada Singapore.
Compatible with the Galaxy Note7, the new Galaxy Note7 Lens Kit will also be available at the recommended retail price of $198, where users can pair their Galaxy Note7 with the different lens and take photos in different forms. The Lens Kit includes:
· 1 x Lens Cover
· 1 x Wide-Angle Lens (108° Angle)
· 1 x Telephoto Lens (2x Optical Zoom)
Starting from 3 August 2016, 12noon, pre-order for the Galaxy Note7 will be available at telecommunication operators and online at major consumer electronics stores (Best Denki, Courts, Gain City, Hachi and Harvey Norman) and Lazada Singapore.