|One of the first customers to receive his Galaxy Note7 at M1 at Paragon|
The long-awaited moment has finally arrived! Today, consumers who successfully pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy Note7 can start to collect their brand new devices from M1, Singtel, StarHub, Samsung Experience Stores and Galaxy Studio. Consumers who successfully pre-ordered the Galaxy Note7 online at major consumer electronics stores (Best Denki, Courts, Gain City, Hachi and Harvey Norman) and Lazada Singapore will also be receiving their new devices which will be delivered to them.
“The response we have seen for the Galaxy Note7 since our announcement of its launch has been overwhelming. Pre-orders and registration of interest for the device have doubled in numbers, as compared to the combined total of the Galaxy S7 4G+ and S7 edge 4G+ pre-orders and registration of interest, surpassing our initial expectations. We want to thank consumers for their strong support, and we hope that with the Galaxy Note7, they will enjoy and achieve more than what they thought possible on a smartphone,” said Eugene Goh, Vice President, IT & Mobile, Samsung Electronics Singapore.
Pre-orders / registration of interest had started from 12noon on 3 August 2016 at telecommunication operators, Samsung Experience Stores and online at major consumer electronics stores (Best Denki, Courts, Gain City, Hachi, Harvey Norman and Newstead) and Lazada Singapore, and from 7pm on the same day at Galaxy Studio. Upon their respective pre-order collection and deliveries, customers would receive the exclusive pre-order complimentary gift – a Samsung Galaxy Note7 Lens Kit, worth $198.
Pre-order Collection Queue Photos and Customer Quotes
High-res photo highlights from the pre-order collection can be downloaded here: https://edelmanftp.boxcn.net/s/kthwddjvi373fvlihz6dtvnx9ljm0z8a
Excited Samsung customers waiting in anticipation to collect their Galaxy Note7 at the Samsung Experience Store at Westgate
Here are some remarks made by customers in line at the various collection locations:
· M1 at Paragon
o “I always preferred to use Samsung out of all the Android devices. I find that it offers more flexibility as compared to Apple. And it’s a lot more sturdy and long-lasting too. I was previously using the Note 4 and now the Note7. I am quite excited to try out the S Pen’s features and test its water-resistance!” – Chong Quet Leung, 27, Financial Planner
· Singtel at Comcentre
o “I have always been a Note fan – I started out with the GALAXY Note 1 all the way to Note 5, and of course the Note7 is a must. The added bonus with the Note7 this time round is the new S Pen and how the overall design of the phone looks so much more unique.” – Ng Hong Poh, 47, Petrochemical Executive
· StarHub at Tampines Mall
o “I was an iPhone user, but my daughter convinced me to switch to Samsung. I am most impressed by how functional the phones are, especially when it comes to allowing me to work on the go. I’ve been using Samsung phones for three years now and have never looked back!” – Salmah Samion, 53, works in the training and education industry
o “I’ve been a Samsung user for a long time, and have used the Samsung GALAXY Note 2, Note 3 and Note 4. I am here with my mum today, a fellow Samsung fan, and am really excited about experiencing the new Galaxy Note7.” – Annie Soh, 32 (This photo of her mother, Yeo Poh Tian, 55, was taken with Annie’s new phone right after she got it!)
· Samsung Experience Store at VivoCity
o “I think the iris scanning function is pretty cool and it’s less of a hassle than to unlock your phone with the fingerprint scanner. The water and dust resistance is also a handy feature.” – Tzu Cheong, 19, Student
· Samsung Experience Store at Westgate
o “I really wanted to get the Note7 because I’ve always been a Note user – since the Note 2 – and this one looks really sleek with a great camera. I’m also quite excited about the complimentary Lens Kit.” – Phoebe Koh, 40, Manager
o “I’m getting one for my dad and one for myself! Always been an iPhone user but finally decided that Samsung better supports my needs, in terms of music. I listen to a lot of music so the expandable storage is very useful. I think as a whole, the Note7 is amazing.” – Lin Wenxuan, 23, Student (This photo is of him posing with his newly-bought Galaxy Note7 and Gear VR.)
· Galaxy Studio at Civic Plaza, Ngee Ann City
o “I’ve always been a Samsung user and was previously using the GALAXY S5 and GALAXY Note 2. I was really excited that the Note7 is water resistant which comes in handy for me since I’m studying logistics and my line of work requires me to be in contact with water quite a bit. I’m definitely also getting Samsung Concierge so I will be able to enjoy the benefits of on-site repairs and even change my phone next year!” – Diemas Irawan, 25, Student
Key Product Highlights of the Galaxy Note7
· Enhanced S Pen: Bringing Ideas to Life – The Galaxy Note7 features a new and enhanced S Pen that is more than just a writing tool – its updated design with a finer pen tip and improvements to pressure sensitivity and latency, offer users a highly accurate and real pen-like experience. The Galaxy Note7 and its S Pen are both equipped with IP681-certified water and dust resistant capabilities, providing users with increased utility where they can jot down their thoughts without interruption anytime. Additionally, experience new features like Screen Off Memo on Always On Display, Air View Translate and Smart Select GIF Maker.
· Advanced Security: With the Blink of an Eye – In addition to the fingerprint scanner, the Galaxy Note7 is equipped with new iris recognition2 technology, a highly secure biometric authentication system. Galaxy Note7 users can securely store private content with Secure Folder, a separate folder that can be locked with the iris scanner. Coupled with Samsung Knox, an award-winning3 defence-grade security platform, the Galaxy Note7 provides a new level of security and convenience.
· Best-in-Class Entertainment – Equipped with a 5.7-inch QHD SUPER AMOLED display, the Galaxy Note7 features immersive entertainment capabilities. It is the first smartphone that is High Dynamic Range4 (HDR) video streaming-ready, providing users with a cinema-like experience with brighter colours and a deeper black, ensuring the most fulfilling movie experience.
· Galaxy Foundation with Refined Craftsmanship – Featuring a symmetrical front-to-back 3D dual-edge curve Corning Gorilla Glass 5 finishing, the Galaxy Note7 provides users with a firm and comfortable grip with its refined design. It does not compromise on functionality as well, where the simplified and refined user experience also enables users to enjoy seamless interaction with their phone. Users can also capture important memories in true-to-life colours with the Galaxy Note7, where its 12MP dual-pixel camera with 1.4μm pixel, wide f1.7 aperture and fast auto-focus work together to make sharp and beautiful photography possible even in low-light environments.
· Added Versatility with Dual SIM Support – The Galaxy Note7 is equipped with Dual SIM capability5, offering users added usage flexibility. Equipped with 64GB of internal storage6, and with the additional external memory slot7 offering expandable storage of up to 256GB, users can enjoy added versatility without worrying about running out of space to store their content on their device. The Galaxy Note7 also comes with a large 3,500mAH battery capacity, and equipped with fast wired and wireless charging capability.
Local Pricing and Availability
The Galaxy Note7 will be available from 20 August 2016 at the recommended retail price of $1,168 (inclusive of GST). Available in colour options of Black Onyx, Gold Platinum and Silver Titanium, the device will be available at all local telecommunication operators, major consumer electronics stores, authorised mobile retailers, Samsung Experience Stores and Lazada Singapore.
With the launch of the Galaxy Note7, the device will be included as the new eligible device for Samsung Concierge, Samsung’s first-of-its-kind service programme developed specifically for its customers in Singapore. Providing all-round convenience and assurance for Galaxy smartphone users, Samsung Concierge offers customers a suite of premium value-added services, including benefits such as yearly device upgrade, one-to-one exchange, on-site servicing or repair, discounted out-of-warranty repairs and data switching assistance.
Consumers purchasing the Galaxy Note7 will be entitled to purchase Samsung Concierge at the price of $38 (inclusive of GST), available at all local telecommunication operators, major consumer electronics stores, Samsung Experience Stores and Lazada Singapore.
Compatible with the Galaxy Note7, the new Galaxy Note7 Lens Kit will also be available at the recommended retail price of $198. Consisting of a protective cover and a set of portable interchangeable lenses, users can pair their Galaxy Note7 with the different lens and take photos in different forms – the 108° Wide-Angle Lens allows them to capture a bigger world in their images, while the Telephoto Lens provides 2x Optical Zoom, providing more details. The Lens Kit includes:
– 1 x Lens Cover
– 1 x Wide-Angle Lens (108° Angle)
– 1 x Telephoto Lens (2x Optical Zoom)
The following Galaxy Note7 accessories will also be available to complement the devices:
– LED View Cover, RRP $78
– S View Standing Cover, RRP $68
– Clear View Cover, RRP $68
– Leather Cover, RRP $48
– Clear Cover, RRP $18
– Keyboard Cover, RRP$88
– Starter Kit, RRP $168
– Backpack, RRP $128 (available end-August)
*All prices inclusive of GST
Available at all local telecommunication operators, major consumer electronics stores, authorised mobile retailers, Samsung Experience Stores and Lazada Singapore, the new Gear VR for Galaxy Note7 and the Galaxy Note7 Starter Kit will also be available from 19 August 2016, at the recommended retail price of $148 and $168 respectively. The Galaxy Note7 Starter Kit includes:
– 1 x Clear Cover
– 1 x Fast Wireless Charging Stand
– 1 x Screen Protector
– 1 x Micro-USB Cable
Pre-order customers will also be able to enjoy the following Samsung promotions, upon the purchase of their Galaxy Note7.
– Purchase the Galaxy Note7 Starter Kit at $98, or $688 with the use of their early bird $100 accessories voucher9
– $50 off RRP of Gear Fit2 or Gear IconX10