Samsung today announced the launch of the GALAXY S5 LTE and GALAXY Note 3 With LTE in new colours, which will be available at the following prices without line contract:
GALAXY S5 LTE (32GB) – SGD1,068
· copper GOLD – 3rd May 2014
· electric BLUE- 24th May 2014
GALAXY S5 LTE (16GB) – SGD998
· charcoal BLACK, shimmery WHITE, electric BLUE, copper GOLD- 10th May 2014
GALAXY Note 3 With LTE- SGD998
· Rose Gold White – 3rd May 2014
All devices will be available at major consumer electronics stores, telecommunications operators, Samsung Experience Stores and authorized retailers.
Key highlights of the GALAXY S5 LTE
· Qualified protection from water and dust (IP672), so you never have to leave the device at home during a long day at the beach or a dusty hike. The rubber-sealed design helps to keep dust particles out and protect against harmful ingress of water for up to 30 minutes of submergence at a depth of one metre.
· Extend your remaining 10% battery life with up to 30 hours’ worth of standby time3 when you enable Ultra Power Saving Mode. You will no longer need to worry about being uncontactable when you are unable to charge your battery. When the feature is enabled, GALAXY S5 LTE’s essential apps such as phone and SMSes will still be available, while all unnecessary features will be shut down to minimise battery consumption.
· In partnership with PayPal, GALAXY S5 LTE users will be the first to be able to login and shop at any merchant that accepts PayPal on mobile using only their fingerprint as authentication.
· GALAXY S5 LTE users enjoy exclusive privileges that will enhance their well-being through GALAXY Life, a mobile application preloaded on the GALAXY S5 LTE. GALAXY Life offers Samsung consumers entry and access to a community, where they receive curated and exclusive content by experts, optimised for their GALAXY S5 LTE.
1 Not intended for clinical or medical use, including diagnosis, treatment, monitoring, alleviation, compensation, cure, prevention or mitigation of any disease, ailment, defect, injury or other conditions.
2 Water and Dust Resistant (IP67 rating) means that device is protected against entry of solid foreign objects and harmful ingress of water under test conditions of immersion in 15 – 35°C water without chemical content for up to 1 metre for up to 30 minutes, under defined conditions of pressure, based on fully sealed device (except for 3.5mm headphone jack) with genuine Samsung back cover. According to accredited test results by Korea KESCO Safety Test Center; individual results may vary. Note: IP67 rating does not mean that device is waterproof.
3 Based on Samsung’s internal standby time test results when device is at rest. Standby time is dependent on network configuration, app usage, mode settings, actual device usage, battery condition and other surrounding factors and conditions. For more information, seewww.samsung.com/sg/galaxys5.
Key highlights of the Samsung GALAXY Note 3 With LTE
· Comes with enhanced privacy and security protection provided by Samsung KNOX to run and store security-sensitive applications and data With the new Multi Window, users can toggle seamlessly between applications without closing the window or opening a new page, allowing for enhanced productivity and collaboration across programs.
· A simple click of the S Pen button while hovering over the screen introduces users to Air Command, a palette of five powerful features that truly make tasks easier and faster. With the Air Command feature, there is no need to toggle between screens, memorize commands or look up different menus. The Air Command feature provides access to the following key functions:
o Action Memo allows users to handwrite a note, and automatically execute a function or convert that handwritten information into formatted content. Action Memo can instantly initiate a call, add to contacts, look up an address on a map, search the web, save a task to a to-do list, and more
o Scrapbook* enables users to organise or track down content and information from various sources including the web, YouTubeTM and Gallery in one place so that users can easily look back at collected content all at once. When consumers save content for future use, Scrapbook also collects source material or URLs allowing them to easily refer back to the original source
o The Screen Write feature captures the full screen image of the current page on the device and allows users to write comments or additional information onto the captured image
o S Finder allows users to expansively search for content on their device regardless of the type. By putting in keywords or filters such as date, location, and content type, users can search related documents, events, communication threads, and even the Help page – all in one place. In addition, users can also search for hand-written content in their Notes and memo applications, as well as symbols and formulas
o Pen Window allows users to use the S Pen not only for drawing sketches or writing notes, but now also for opening a small application window for a true multitasking experience. Simply by drawing a window of any size, anywhere on the screen, users can easily and quickly open another application window such as YouTubeTM, calculator or Browser without pausing current activity on the screen
*Service must not be used in a manner that infringes any laws, including intellectual property or third party rights.
Note: Certain features, services and applications (including 4G LTE) are dependent on network connectivity and may not be available in all coverage areas. Additional data charges may apply. Specifications are accurate as at time of print and are subject to change without prior notice.
Google, Android and other marks are trademarks of Google Inc.